Expecting your urgent HELP for I-T return

This AY r I had been investing in shares & mutual funds ,no intra day Txns. and no F&O. But next AY r 2024-25, I may do Intraday and F&O in shares transactions. In order to carry forward any losses like Capital loss,House loss etc, if I use ITR2 now shall I file in ITR3 in next year. I am Filing 1st time return can I get earlier Yrs' TDS without paying late fee to govt, as there was no taxable income.

Replies (2)
Quick Summary
This user is seeking urgent help with their Income Tax Return (ITR) filing for the current assessment year, having invested in shares and mutual funds without intraday or F&O transactions. They are concerned about filing ITR2 now and potentially switching to ITR3 next year to carry forward capital losses. They also want to know if they can claim past TDS refunds for previous years without incurring late fees, especially as they had no taxable income.

Normally for TDS refund you must file return in same AY even you have income less than 2,50,000

Try to file last two years return, check wether it calculate any fines or penalties for not filling return.

If your TDS is more than penalty you will get back.

You can get TDS back in current year, only for past 2 assesment years

Better file ITR3 , you can skip many sheets which are not relevant to you.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
10 October 2026
Accounts Associate Level 1

Abic and Mani Chartered Accountants

Kottayam

B.Com

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details