Exemption period for fresh member

If I'm right, newly registered members are entitled to 1 year exemption in CPE Hours. Henceforth, a member in practice will have to complete 90 hours in 3 years with a minimum of 20 hrs each in those 3 years. I believe the 'year' in the issue is the calendar year and not any other year like financial year. Correct?

Now, the question is, if a member registers itself in the month of December 2010 Say 6th December, when does this exemption period get over? Hopefully the exemption does finish on 31st December.. In logical terms, the exemption should finish on 6th December 2011. Is this correct?

Replies (6)

in Calculation of CPE, calender year is considered. A new member is exempted from CPE in his first calender year only. In this way, in the above case, the exemption ends on 31st December'2010 if he is enrolled on 6th December'2010.

So this means that the CA in question will have to attend at least 20 hours in 2011 if he is in practice? Only 2 months remain!! :(

Some other questions regarding CPE centres:

1) Where can I find a list of centres for attending structured hours? In particular I'm looking for a centre in the Malad-Goregaon section of Mumbai.

2) Regarding the 10 unstrucutred learning hours: I'm continously updated to the latest news through the journal of the Institute, newspapers, other books and magazines and also websies like caclubindia.com .. so is this sufficient?

its also my Question?

2) Regarding the 10 unstrucutred learning hours: I'm continously updated to the latest news through the journal of the Institute, newspapers, other books and magazines and also websies like caclubindia.com .. so is this sufficient?

Originally posted by : Yash Rungta


I am newly registered member obtained membership in Aug 2011.

whether im eligible for completion of 20 hours cpe hours by Dec 2011

 


I think you are exempt for the 1st year...

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details