Excess it paid still getting itr for demand outstanding unde

I am comes under salary, my institutute deduced tax section 129. ( I also checked it in TDS traces system). but as per the TDS trances and my return it was Rs. 3500 excess tax deduced. But of late I received an intimation that I have to pay Rs. 6897 u/s 193(1)(a) demand outstanding. What I have to do now? How and where I have to pay this? ( I usually pay excess so that I donot want to get deduced lot of my salary in the month of Feb).

our finanace office have given the tax less than what Traces mentioned (total TDS deposited) the difference is 3500.

IT dept suppose to pay Rs. 3500 to me  but they demand Rs. 6897. could you ppl help me out this. If I want to pay this amount where  should I  pay. 

I donot want to go and beg the IT dept person (as if they are employer and I am their employee like). 

 

Thanks and regards

 

 

Replies (2)

Pay online

Dear Raja,

You must go to IT office and settle the things.If the amount is 2 Lacs will you go the office or not?. So, even the amount is small you can go and settle the matter.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details