Exam tips from the interview of topper pawan sarda !!!

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)

24 March 2012  

Dear CCI Members,

Please find below some useful Exam tips I have extracted from the Interview of Mr. Pawan Sarda, 2nd Rank Holder, CA Final Course, with the Admin of Caclubindia. As per my own understanding these tips are truly wonderful and full of real time experience.  

Hope my below effort will help you a lot:devil

1. CPT preparation laid a strong foundation for him by his teachers and mentors; he focused more on understanding the concept than mugging it up.

1. Articleship again gave him an exposure which helped him more in practical training like how to manage time, stress and how to reach deadlines on time, all of this learning made all his preparation easy.

1. Never Give up Attitude:

In the words of Pawan:

During the second reading of my subjects around September one point came where I could have given up easily but I pushed myself to ignore all the negativities and went forward with confidence and kept faith in myself. That was the time I realized the power of each minute and areas where I could improve.

For any kind of professional examination it is must to manage time or rather I would say manage yourself.enlightened

1. Last 2 days before exams were the most crucial days of Pawan’s life and he decided to kept a tight schedule of 20 hours studies for both the days and according to him this strategy really works for him.

So in this way you can also work out a strategy for yourself keeping in view your strength and weekness. Here I don’t thing you need anybody’s help. It is all about you my friend.

Another inspirational reality is:

Indirect Taxes could have disappointed him as he studied it himself but then again he made it his strength and to his surprise he got the highest marks in this subject. Firm believer of focus, determination and sincerity, he never give up no matter how big the problem is.

I think and as per my experience CA is all about “Never give up” and take every failure in a positive way because it opens so many other doors for you.

Few other points extracted from this Interview and from the words of Pawan are:

1. Academic achievement really requires hard work and sincere study.

1. Do not compare yourself with anybody bcoz you are really special and can do anything.

1. Try and set your own standards if you want to achieve anything in life.

1. Workout on your vision just like Pawan as he decided to do CA well before his 12th standard and pursue the same from the very beginning.

1. Articleship is very important for a strong foundation so take your articleship very seriously.

Importance of Article ship in the words of Pawan:

As in the words of Pawan practical experience gained during Articleship really helped him during the preparation of CA final exam. He got a lot of good exposure and because of his sincere work he got to learn things more than the technical part. Further he got to learn how to manage time, pressure and how to meet the deadlines. So these qualities helped Pawan in studies straightaway.

1. Respect and follow the guidance provided by your mentor just like Pawan did.yes According to him his brother was his mentor who used to motivate and guide him from 11th standard. Pawan always follow the advises given by his teachers and they told him to focus in the concepts, not to mug up things and that approach definitely helped Pawan to Top CA Final.

1. Importance of Study break and revision: According to Pawan study breaks were important and finally after the first reading, he started reading all the things again in September and put his best efforts to complete the second reading in the month of September itself.yes

In the words of Pawan:

But for some student it may be a bit difficult to achieve such hard targets. Here as per Pawan that was the time when anybody could have given up… but if you hold on… if you don’t give up at that time then it becomes easy later on. So, I had somehow managed to complete my 2nd revision in the month of September itself and also and in October 1st week we had exam series, daily we had one paper…so in 8 days we had 8 papers in October. So, accordingly after the first revision in September, for the test series I was prepared because I had already done 2 readings in total… and in the test series again daily I went through the portion-one full day and then I discovered the power in each and every minute at that time… the time management was important.yes