Evaluation of compensation due to compulsory land acquisition

Hi. I have a ac controlled mushroom cultivation farm which is housed inside a building. A portion of the building is due to acquired by railways under the project of expansion of railway track. I need to know about the procedure of calculation of compensation arising due to it. 

  • How will be the compensation for the building  be evaluated? 
  • As only a portion of building falls under the area set to be acquired, will I only be compensated partially or fully? Note that remaining building will be unusable post demolition. 
  • How will I be compensated for the damages arising due to dismantling of mushroom farm and relocating to a different place?
  • How will I be compensated for the loss arising due to loss of income incurred during the time of notice till restarting operation at a different place? 
  • How will I be compensated for the land that will be acquired? Note that it's rural area
  • Will the compensation received be taxable?

I will be highly thankful for your valuable response.

Replies (2)
Quick Summary
This discussion concerns a mushroom cultivation farm facing partial building acquisition by the railways. The user seeks to understand the compensation process, specifically how the building and land will be valued, and whether compensation will be partial or full, especially since the remaining building will be unusable. They also inquire about compensation for dismantling the farm, relocation costs, loss of income during the transition, and potential tax implications of the received compensation.

Can someone provide an approximate idea about the compensation process?

In my opinion, you take professional help from near by CA to you in this case.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details