ED exemption of Boiler

 

 

Dear All Experts,

We are into manufacturer of boiler.  If the buyer of our  boiler who  is using boiler for creating fire with agro waste or municipal waste, it is exempted from excise duty.

The buyer is asking the boiler, from us with excise duty exemption saying that he is going to use the same with agro waste or municapal waste..  Can we sell without payment of duty?  What is the precautions to be taken?

2. Whether the same duty exempted boiler, one of our customer wants to trade the same, i.e. buying and selling.  Is it possible?

With warm regards,

Vasudevan

 

 

 

 

Replies (3)

Ask from the buyer exact notification.

Certain goods used for renewable energy is exempted, whether your boiler will fall into that or not can be decided only after reading the exact terms of the exemption notification.

There is another problem If you supply goods under exemption, you have to reverse the cenvat credit taken. Or an amount of 10%, which is more than the excise duty.

In the present circumstances, I ask my clients to avoid such exemption notification, unless until exemption is along with availment of cenvat credit in categories given in Rule 6 of the Cenvat Credit Rules.   

hallo sir can u plz. tell me for A.Y. 2006-07 ITR or form 2D will be used. Thanks & Regards Vivek

Dear Vivek, I have no idea about returns/form etc. of Income Tax. In fact in Custom, Excise & Service Tax also, I have very less idea about prcedural matters (Do know few thing as I worked for the Custom & Central Excise department for 8 years). I will be able to help you in legal matters in relation to Income Tax or Indirect taxes.

As far as I can remember, I, as an individual  filed Saral form only in AY 2006-07. But kindly cross-check with someone dealing in procedural matter.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details