Online Updated Classes for CA CS CMA Subjects for Nov 21/May 22 Exams. Enroll Now!! Call: 088803-20003


Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikka Shah (Practice)     28 November 2011

E-tds revision



The employer erroneously credited the TDS amount in the name of other deductee.

Can a deductor/employer file revised e-tds return widhout prior permission of that deductee/employee?

Please help with related act/sections or Caselaws

 4 Replies

ashish gupta

ashish gupta ( student)     28 November 2011

Yes return can be revised without the approval of the deductee

CA Vanamala Phani Kumar

CA Vanamala Phani Kumar (Proprietor of M/s Vanamala and Co)     28 November 2011

1. In case you are submitting corrected annual e-TDS/TCS return you should file the entire e-TDS/TCS return (and not only the amendments to the e-TDS/TCS return) alongwith all the documents submitted at the time of filing original e-TDS/TCS return. You should also file a copy of the Provisional Receipt issued earlier for the original e-TDS/TCS return alongwith the corrected e-TDS/TCS return.


2. You should also mention on the top right hand corner of Form 27A that e-TDS/TCS return being filed is on account of any rectification other than missing PAN(s) or on account of incorporation of missing PAN(s)



valji (Accounts manager-MBA)     28 November 2011

agreee with above


Prakash (Chartered Accountant)     04 December 2011

If any wrong credit was given by the employer/ Deductor, He can do revised retunrs rectifying the Mistake, No need to approch the wrong deductee. Nothing is there in the hands of Deductees



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags