Doubt on rectification u/s 154

Hi,

 

I have e-filed IT returns for AY 2012-13. I made a mistake in entering the deductor Tan  Number. As a result I received an Intimation for Tax mismatch and IT dept has raised a demand. However I have also found out a mistake made by my deductor (for payment other than my regular salary) , where in they have indicated some additional amount and additional tax paid against the same. I have asked my deductor to correct the same and now my form 26AS is corrected. 

 

Now my doubt is whether I have to file a rectification request and upload a revised xml with the two correction (1. The correct TAN number & 2. The revised amounts as corrected in form 26AS)  or I have to file a revised return since my income is now revised.

 

Please advice . Thanks in advance,

Replies (2)
revised return. Rectification is rejected if dere is any change in income or deduction.

In that case should i provide any information to CPC that I have filed a revised retun. 

And how they are going to close the demand order issued u/s 154 ?

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details