Disadvantages of not having a GST number

I have a GST number in goa, and I have moved to another state for personal reasons. 

I have an online only business due to which I was filing the GST returns with my original GST number, which is creating a problem since goan/sindhi frauds  are falsely claiming to own my business misusing the data I upload. 

Since my revenues are very low, I do not want to do GST registration in the state where I reside at present, and I rarely visit goa.  I am thinking of filing nil returns for my goa gst number .

What are the disadvantages of not having a GST number for a business, especially online business? 

Replies (1)

Not having a GST number significantly restricts an online business—especially B2B work—by cutting off clients, platforms, and tax credits, while also increasing legal risk. Filing NIL returns from an old state is only a temporary fix and does not resolve misuse or compliance exposure. The safest path is either proper GST cancellation (if activity is minimal) or fresh registration in the current state if the business continues.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details