Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gautam Rajendran (Finance & Accounts)     07 March 2019

Direct tax - tds on salary 92b

Dear Experts,

I have query on the TDS Deduction on salary.

TDS has to be deducted for Salary based on the month or based on the payment cleared date? 

Kindly revert.

5 Replies

Sanju.P

Sanju.P (CA Practice )     07 March 2019

Hi,

TDS on Salary has to be deducted at the time of Payment.

Sec 192.(1) Any person responsible for paying any income chargeable under the head "Salaries" shall, at the time of payment, deduct income-tax on the amount payable at the average rate of income-tax computed on the basis of the rates in force for the financial year in which the payment is made, on the estimated income of the assessee under this head for that financial year.

PUSHP KUMAR SAHU

PUSHP KUMAR SAHU (CA FINAL ASPIRANT)     07 March 2019

agreed with sanju
Gautam Rajendran

Gautam Rajendran (Finance & Accounts)     07 March 2019

Sanju,

Thanks for your comment, If March salary is credited in april 05, if we take time of payment it will goes to Q1 FY 19-20

Is that right? 

What will we do the tax deduction on the March salary.?

Sanju.P

Sanju.P (CA Practice )     07 March 2019

Hi,

Due date for payment of TDS deducted on Salary for the Month of March-2019 is 7th of April 2019 (for Government Employees) and 30th of April 2019 (for non Government Employees).

Due date for filing of return for the quarter Jan 19 to March 19 is 31.05.2019.

As per my understanding, even though salary for the Month of March 2019 is paid in the Month of April 2019 and TDS deducted on payment basis in the Month of April 2019, the same has to be shown in Q4 TDS Return filing for the FY 2018-2019.

This is my view, You can wait for others opinion also.

Thanks.

Ayushi Arora

Ayushi Arora   27 February 2021

As per my understanding, even though salary for the Month of March 2019 is paid in the Month of April 2019 and TDS deducted on payment basis in the Month of April 2019, the same has to be shown in the Q4 TDS Return filing for the FY 2018-2019.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags