Difference between India accounting and Newzealand accounting

Good morning, I am having an interview for Newzealand accounting, can anyone help me what are the major differences in Indian accounting and Newzealand accounting, for interview purpose.
Replies (4)
Quick Summary
This discussion explores the primary differences between Indian accounting standards (IndAS) and New Zealand's accounting practices, which are largely based on IFRS. The contributor notes that while some standards like inventory have similarities, others, such as impairment, present significant variations. For interview preparation, understanding the alignment of New Zealand accounting with IFRS is highlighted as crucial, potentially simplifying the learning curve compared to navigating all Indian AS differences.

Previously, I have downloaded material from caclub about the differences put up online by other professionals. 

There is an easy way out, compare differences between IndAS and IFRS for all standards which is readily available online. And that’s it!! New Zealand is IFRS. 

I don’t like AS because it has lots of differences. Only AS inventories standard, IndAS and ias 2 measurement concepts are in coherence and exactly same. Other AS standards like impairment not included in cost method of subsequent measurement and other measurements make it hard.

If you google, you will get all the standards differences. Anyways, I don’t think New Zealand interview requires AS measurement principles. I am also waiting for American interview and learnt all IndAS concepts including new leases and contracts with customers because local gap is not required.

Thanks and I will try my best
I have the interview with U S. they are asking related only lease and cogs can u share some links

I’m happy you asked this question as I myself had doubts like if DVM and Dividend capitalisation the same? The formula tallies. Coming to COGS, it’s heavy just like big firms have, 

https://dart.deloitte.com/USDART/home/codification/presentation/asc205

List of standards: asc accounting standards list https://dart.deloitte.com/USDART/home/codification

then I can confirm they use PAT to reconcile with Cashflows unlike PBT as in IndAS or IFRS. 

Hooe the above helps

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details