Poor and unrelated answering could well be one of the reasons for low passing % of CA course. I try to explain this further as below:
1) With the introduction of CPT, 12th pass students straight away join PCC after clearing the CPT. They are not yet out of their teenage.
2) They have to start their Articleship training also along with PCC which means they will be working in an office like clerks without having any knowledge of Accountancy.
3) They are not exposed to classroom environment, lectures, interaction with academicians and co students. This is becuase they are unable to do regular degree because of stringent rules of ICAI about timings. ICAI is even making every effort by issuing regulations every now and then so that a CA student cannot take up any other course while doing CA.
4) Most of the students who opt for CA are from middle class and lower middle class considering the fact that Engineering and Medicine have become too expensive.
5) So, once a student starts his PCC and Articleship Training, most of the time he is working in a small office of about 5-6 staff where the work is of routine nature, atleast for 1-2 years till he gains some knowledge of Accountancy and other related subjects.
6) They are constantly under mental tension, fear and anxiety due to their young age, poor financial background, syllabus pressures and lurking fear of uncertainty due to their dependancy on Principal.
7) Unlike Engineering, Medicine and MBA, there is no fullfledged teaching of CA syllubus and they have to do it on their own.
Please tell me if the above points are valid or just a waste analysis.