Easy Office

Did you know why CA passing % is low??????!!!!!!!!!

Page no : 2
(Guest)

Poor and unrelated answering could well be one of the reasons for low passing % of CA course.  I try to explain this further as below:

1) With the introduction of CPT,  12th pass students straight away join PCC after clearing the CPT.  They are not yet out of their teenage.

2) They have to start their Articleship training also along with PCC which means they will be working in an office like clerks without having any knowledge of Accountancy.

3) They are not exposed to classroom environment, lectures, interaction with academicians and co students.  This is becuase they are unable to do regular degree because of stringent rules of ICAI about timings.  ICAI is even making every effort by issuing regulations every now and then so that a CA student cannot take up any other course while doing CA.

4) Most of the students who opt for CA are from middle class and lower middle class considering the fact that Engineering and Medicine have become too expensive.

5) So, once a student starts his PCC and Articleship Training, most of the time he is working in a small office of about 5-6 staff where the work is of routine nature, atleast for 1-2 years till he gains some knowledge of Accountancy and other related subjects. 

6) They are constantly under mental tension, fear and anxiety due to their young age, poor financial background, syllabus pressures and lurking fear of uncertainty due to their dependancy on Principal.

7) Unlike Engineering, Medicine and MBA, there is no fullfledged teaching of CA syllubus and they have to do it on their own.

Please tell me if the above points are valid or just a waste analysis.

Thanks

(Guest)

Poor and unrelated answering could well be one of the reasons for low passing % of CA course.  I try to explain this further as below:

1) With the introduction of CPT,  12th pass students straight away join PCC after clearing the CPT.  They are not yet out of their teenage.

2) They have to start their Articleship training also along with PCC which means they will be working in an office like clerks without having any knowledge of Accountancy.

3) They are not exposed to classroom environment, lectures, interaction with academicians and co students.  This is becuase they are unable to do regular degree because of stringent rules of ICAI about timings.  ICAI is even making every effort by issuing regulations every now and then so that a CA student cannot take up any other course while doing CA.

4) Most of the students who opt for CA are from middle class and lower middle class considering the fact that Engineering and Medicine have become too expensive.

5) So, once a student starts his PCC and Articleship Training, most of the time he is working in a small office of about 5-6 staff where the work is of routine nature, atleast for 1-2 years till he gains some knowledge of Accountancy and other related subjects. 

6) They are constantly under mental tension, fear and anxiety due to their young age, poor financial background, syllabus pressures and lurking fear of uncertainty due to their dependancy on Principal.

7) Unlike Engineering, Medicine and MBA, there is no fullfledged teaching of CA syllubus and they have to do it on their own.

Thanks

(Guest)

Thanks

Rushikesh (Chartered Accountant - Manager Finance)   (2375 Points)
Replied 30 May 2008

Hey Mr. VG you've given the reply so many times!!!

Anyways, some points which you mentioned are corerct, that before the students join articleship they are not quite sure as to what they have to do...

And for exams, though they are difficult, the students are well aware before hand that the exams are difficult and no direct coaching from ICAI is available(except in few places) but the coaching classes are available.I think till the students reach their finals they lack seriousness about the course..

shivaraj (student CA(final) CS(inter))   (44 Points)
Replied 30 May 2008

persons passing CA exam is low ........so CA passing % is low..... weather

my answer is correct?

(Guest)

Since CA is a Professional Course, Institute is also showing professionalism on Students.  

chand basha (propritor) (44 Points)
Replied 30 January 2009

After pWC Issue every one eyes are on icai, they want safeguard by giving poor result, then every one think  icai is very strict to pass.

Logically, after conducting exams on alternative days, how result can be less, atleast it should equal to last results.

Its a game of central council memebers, who are least bothered about hardworking students  and their lives.

Anandi (Student) (217 Points)
Replied 30 January 2009

Hello Mr. VG

In my opinion current trend of CA pass results is just opposite as u explained. % of paasing has increased to remarkable extent as compared with the past. The basic difference between the two streams (CA vs. Medical and engineering) is that in CA cream is sorted out at Exam Level and in other case Cream is sorted out at an early stage of Entrance Exam.

As far as Young age is concerned U can see in CA Course there are much aged persons as compared with Engineering and Medical. Young age students are everywhere and in every field.

Syllabas is also not a matter towards lower passing percentage.

Money may be but only after an extent.

In my opinion CA students may have one problem i think Generation Gap. Not only in CA it is found everywhere and even at every time horizon.

CA. ANKUR JAIN (CA.....) (2800 Points)
Replied 30 January 2009

VG U R RIGHT AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL BUDDY

CA.E.Deepan Chakravarthy (CA and CS Executive) (462 Points)
Replied 26 February 2009

I agree with Anandi

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: