Easy Office
LCI Learning

Sfm book rajesh makkar

Page no : 2

Ridham (article) (356 Points)
Replied 27 July 2014

On a friend's suggestion , I found j.b. gupta's book the best...

CA Karan Lodhi (CA and B.com(hons.)) (879 Points)
Replied 28 July 2014

@ Shaswati.. There is huge difference b/w his printed book for market release and his class notes(hand written photocopy notes). Class notes are very lucid and exam focused but the book is around of more than 1100 pages which is undoable. Moreover answers given in book are not helpful as no explanation, working notes are given. The questions which Makkar sir solves in 2 pages space in his class have been solved in just 4 lines in his printed market release book. You cant understand the book. I strongly recommend you to follow his class notes easily available in Laxmi Nagar, Delhi. You will pass the exam with exemption if you do his class notes fully

Else its your decision.

Good Luck

Shaswati Dutta (Associate) (196 Points)
Replied 28 July 2014

Thank you so much for the details Karan, but unfortunately I do not live in Delhi...I guess ill have to look up a different book then.

Mukesh Kumar Singh (CA-FINAL) (4094 Points)
Replied 28 July 2014

ya, makkar's book is good one for self study

Hitesh Khanna (Accounting & Finance Taxation Company Law Audit )   (839 Points)
Replied 28 July 2014

Well I didnot found Sanjay Saraf's name anywhere in the above discussion.

In Kolkata and in many other Cities he is concidered as one of the best teachers in Finance In India.

For Theroy I would Strongly recommend to go for his Therory book- This book is consists on 100-120 pages and covers all the theory questions that have been asked and also those questions that may be asked in the upcomming examinations. This book is really a great help.

Even for Practical questions I would strongly advise to go for his book. Like always last time in May 2014 Examinations the common view of the students was that " Kitna Sara questions toh MAT se aaya tha". If u are planning for self study then you must arrange his notes as well as there is no point in getting his Practical problem book without his class notes.

In case you are intersted then Search for Sanjay Saraf Teacher online and you will get all the details.

CA Karan Lodhi (CA and B.com(hons.)) (879 Points)
Replied 28 July 2014

@ Shaswati. I can provide you Makkar sir's class notes after buying latest notes from laxmi nagar and will post those notes at your address if you really want to prepare from those notes. All you have to do is just to incur cost of the notes and postal charges which i believe will not matter if you really want those notes. Rest i will do for you after all we are buddies of same roof.

Cheersyes

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: