Easy Office

Service Tax on Transportation

Page no : 3
(Guest)

pl suggest about a cargo handler

who arranges  the transport for a company and is being chargedby another transporter for service tax. when he( cargo handler) will issue the invoice to his customer then is he right to charge 12.36 on composite bill and claim input credit on cfreight charges by another transporteror or charge 12.36 on cargo handling services and charge 3.09 on transport only and claim nothing .or charge nothing on tranport charges.

if he is registered as crgo hanling services, can he add another services as goods transport agency  in registration.

pl guide

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Guest
" what is the service tax for services received transport agencies after abetment for the period 2008-2009 "

(Guest)
" dear sir

I want to know the svice tax rates for assestment year 2007/08 and 2008/09 in all firms

Akhilesh
"

(Guest)

kindly confirm if service tax is imposed on carrying agency for transportation of goods between defence establishments

arunkumar (Student) (25 Points)
Replied 06 September 2008

Dear Sir,

Pls let me know whether GTA is applicable on Export Freight

(Guest)

What is the current rate of Service Tax on transportation and who is liable to deposit the same.May please mention the Notification No.if published

Harish (Services) (20 Points)
Replied 24 September 2008

Dear Sir,

Plz confirm me that can we charge service tax on transport on ltd. co.

(Guest)

Sir ,

Incase a organisation sents material on full truck basis to variours destination through one transporter and each LR is below Rs 1500 but gets a monthly bill from the transporter which is around Rs 42000/- (Rs1400*30 Days), In this case is Service Tax applicable or exempt since each LR is less than Rs 1500/-,Thanks

Madhukar N Hiregange (Chartered Accountant) (38934 Points)
Replied 16 October 2008

The first point is whether the service provider is a GT operator or GT agent. A booking agent is liable who takes on the responsibility of transportation.

Assuming that consignment notes are issued for all your cases then as long as the amount for each consignment is below Rs.750/- there is no laibility at all.

For consignment more than 750/- the exemption notification being vaguely worded would cause disputes. In fact several notices in this reagrd have already been issued.

Therefore for those above Rs750/- claiming the 75% abatement ST is advisable to be paid and if credit can be utilsied the credit taken. 

dcf dod (Goverment Service) (0 Points)
Replied 23 October 2008

government department called a tender for  traspotation of wood from felling site to depot . Is any libility to pay service tax. If yes. Who is lible to pay.

(Guest)
"  government department called a tender for  traspotation of wood from felling site to depot . Is any libility to pay service tax. If yes. Who is lible to pay. "

i want ot know that if the transporter has his service Tax Registration Number , he is not charged the service tax in his bill, then who is liable to pay the service tax .

(Guest)
Dear Sir I want to know, is there any change in service tax as change in excise form 14 to 10%.

OFFICESELVA (Service) (515 Points)
Replied 14 December 2008

A big NO.

Vijay Kumar (Job) (41 Points)
Replied 18 March 2009

Sir,

If I received material through Rail transport, How much service tax  I have to pay as a customer. The value of Goods Rs.2955/-. Is ther any exemption..?

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate- Tax) (7806 Points)
Replied 18 March 2009

There is no service tax on rail freight.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: