Easy Office

Hows was the paper?

Page no : 3

sreejith nair (student) (54 Points)
Replied 02 May 2012

it actually was one of the toughest in recent 2 years, but still getting around 50 marks was easy, but it was not pleasant as one expect to get more than 60 marks in accounts to make provisons for audit and touching "200"

& questions were conceptual.

Ashutosh kumar Maurya (Finance Internal Audit Taxation and Accounts)   (33 Points)
Replied 02 May 2012

Of course the Paper was typical but it can be faced and can get good marks.

Ajay Balasubramanian (ACA) (114 Points)
Replied 02 May 2012

guys heard a news that a new examination committee sort of has replaced wid the existing and they have changed the whole questions pattern..

they are trying to test the students knowledge apart from the usual questions which they have been asking in earlier years...

u can see that the questions asked  doesnt require much sylabus knowledge and they trying to assess how a student can answer a paper without syllabus knowledge...

yes the paper was tough but actually it jus needs more time to think and go thru a solution patten...hoping the correction to be friendly....

1 Like

Back in the Game (a) (1273 Points)
Replied 02 May 2012

Originally posted by : Ajay Balasubramanian

guys heard a news that a new examination committee sort of has replaced wid the existing and they have changed the whole questions pattern..

they are trying to test the students knowledge apart from the usual questions which they have been asking in earlier years...

u can see that the questions asked  doesnt require much sylabus knowledge and they trying to assess how a student can answer a paper without syllabus knowledge...

yes the paper was tough but actually it jus needs more time to think and go thru a solution patten...hoping the correction to be friendly....

Wats the source of this ?if this is so...its really good,cos we need not get bogged down....if they are really lifting stuff from practical life.

Ajay Balasubramanian (ACA) (114 Points)
Replied 02 May 2012

dude look i dunno if its true or not but lukin at the questions i certainly felt t so.... 

i dun wanna comment bout the source coz t may also be a rumour....

so jus know urself that they can ask question from anywer....

Joey Tribbiani (fdg) (2010 Points)
Replied 02 May 2012

Originally posted by : Mansi Kotecha
I found it difficult......
no ques 4m valuation !!! :(

Question of 12 marks,with second part EVA,was from valuation

priyanshu saxena (MBL LL.B.(Hons.) CS (Professional) with 4 yrs exp as Law editor in Thakur Publishers Pvt. Ltd.)   (2653 Points)
Replied 02 May 2012

hey guys its soooo nice to see a huge response n discussions on this forum thread

CA Ankit Sahu (Chartered Accountant) (81 Points)
Replied 02 May 2012

A true CA final level paper...........bit lenghty but still manageable.For first attempters might they all thinking Welcome in CA Final...AS portion is quie easy,AS 30 is from solved example of DS Rawat. All parts 0f Q7 are easy. few of my frnds said that some question are from past attempts RTP's.so frnds Past attempts RTPs r also very imp. 

Kumar (Student) (83 Points)
Replied 02 May 2012

I had solved about the last 10 years question papers and even the RTPs for the last 10 terms. None of the sums that eventually came were even similar to the questions that have been coming till date. Where the hell does the institute produce these questions from. Koi question bank hai which we dont know about???

For those of you who found the paper easy. Hats off to you !!

I found the paper pretty tough.

3 Like

adula... (student) (550 Points)
Replied 02 May 2012

my friend was telling CA exam question papers resembles foreign country's CA institute papers, for instance UK's etc

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 03 May 2012

Indeed a true CA Final Level Paper. One of my friend told me that it was manageable for him as it is his second attempt. He somehow managed to attempt 100% paper with very positive post exam smile and confidence. We have had detailed one on one discussion on lunch last Sunday regarding speed, presentation and strategy to attempt lengthy papers in CA exam bcoz length of paper really bothering him. Our discussion and strategy really works for him and he pulled off a real stunner…

Lol….A big welcome to CA Final for all those depending [fully] upon Scanner, RTPs, Practice manuals without understanding their real role and a big good luck to those expecting CA final paper from Scanner, RTPs, Practice manuals, module and list goes on….

P.S.-- Exams are still going on so work hard on conceptual clarity instead of depending upon Scanner, RTPs, Practice manuals etc. We will soon witness toppers with top marks this time also then why can’t you join the list of toppers? Think about it.

All the best

2 Like

shashi (article assistant) (35 Points)
Replied 03 May 2012

if steps marking is not awarded, then it will be very difficult to get 40 marks

Nischal Lalwani (CA,CS,CWA finalist) (25 Points)
Replied 03 May 2012

Those who have followed past year question could easily solve 60 marks, i.e question no 1,2 and 7 and eva,,,,but remaining questions where new for exam hall.May be they are easy in the environment other than of exam hall...

ruchika (article) (38 Points)
Replied 03 May 2012

@ Ankur Garg Company Secretary and Compliance Officer, Sir i really agree with u, that students now only depends upon RTP, P.M, Past papers,module,etc.. because its a trend by institute only.. last few attemts papers were comming 90% from this, and frnds who have no conceptual clearity but who refered all this have passed in eaxm. so all started using it too. now they want conceptual clearity. It should be balanced evry time by ICAI, sometime they issue sio easy paper sometime like this. it shoud be evry time 50:50 ratio.

NOV 11 paper was good bcz it was balanced 1 some new concept and some from past.

how now student can concentate on SFM. because mind is not getting how to Revise SMF now.

2 Like

ruchika (article) (38 Points)
Replied 03 May 2012

even i sloved last years RTPs . full Pm 5 exam paper. bt by looking at question paper i was blank for 15 min.  paper was not that difficult to handle but it was fuuly unexpected so its a play game from icai. many student did not performed well bcz it made them blank in exam how to start. and what to do 1st

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: