Easy Office
LCI Learning

Hows was the paper?

Page no : 4

Nischal Lalwani (CA,CS,CWA finalist) (25 Points)
Replied 03 May 2012

@ ruchika just solving past 5 year question was totally not enough.Had u gone through questions of last 10 years,u could have solved half the way

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 03 May 2012

Originally posted by : ruchika

even i sloved last years RTPs . full Pm 5 exam paper. bt by looking at question paper i was blank for 15 min.  paper was not that difficult to handle but it was fuuly unexpected so its a play game from icai. many student did not performed well bcz it made them blank in exam how to start. and what to do 1st

Somewhere I support this play game of ICAI considering the good future of its students and take them out of the darkness which you have just experienced yesterday as you said you were 15 min blank. Most of the students have forgotten that it’s a competitive exam and it’s bound to be very tuff to keep you blank. Now it is up to students to come out of that blankness with their knowledge.

Those who have cleared CA final with RTP, PM etc are still unemployed due to lack of knowledge and attitude. Now you have to decide are you lucky enough to get blank in exam?

Ankur (CA Final Student) (999 Points)
Replied 03 May 2012

I think the 1 st question of 5 marks each is too lenghty.........i mean the parts are of 5 marks but they need lot of working to be done.

I took 40 mins to complete it and thanks to Q-3 of Internal Reconstruction i was able to manage.

this paper was very similar to PCC's Costing papaer of May 2011 when many of  questions were based on concept .

Ques on amalgamation and Q-6 a were completely new to me. but i did it on concept and lets see....AS ques were from D.S Rawat's book and manageable.

Nischal Lalwani (CA,CS,CWA finalist) (25 Points)
Replied 03 May 2012

AS were from past year questions..

Sivakumar K (Tax & Audit Professional)   (107 Points)
Replied 04 May 2012

Originally posted by : ruchika

@ Ankur Garg Company Secretary and Compliance Officer, Sir i really agree with u, that students now only depends upon RTP, P.M, Past papers,module,etc.. because its a trend by institute only.. last few attemts papers were comming 90% from this, and frnds who have no conceptual clearity but who refered all this have passed in eaxm. so all started using it too. now they want conceptual clearity. It should be balanced evry time by ICAI, sometime they issue sio easy paper sometime like this. it shoud be evry time 50:50 ratio.

NOV 11 paper was good bcz it was balanced 1 some new concept and some from past.

how now student can concentate on SFM. because mind is not getting how to Revise SMF now.

It is an immense requirement not only relying on books... As we are all professionals, we need to focus on "Practical application" kind of preparation... If you have prepared with conceptual knowledge and logical skills, I am damn sure, you can face any question paper without fear... That's it Ruchika... All the best!

amit popli (Accounts Manager) (430 Points)
Replied 04 May 2012

paper is easy for those who have passed the exams but paper was too lengthy it was not easy to 

manage within 3 hours. Its not easy to apply your conceptual knowledge when paper was too lengthy 

as we had no time to think about concept and make deeply analysis. Examination papers of 3 hours

is not a way to judge the whole conceptual knowledge of students. because time is very important constraints

Rockstar (Student) (143 Points)
Replied 04 May 2012

Q5(b) https://brainmass.com/business/business-analysis/7165

K.Sathiesh (CA-Final) (199 Points)
Replied 04 May 2012

Little bit tough.......,,,,,,,, not sure of gor through

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: