Easy Office
LCI Learning

New breed of unemployed passed out

Page no : 2

ravi kiran (ca-final) (205 Points)
Replied 19 January 2012

Simple question did you really try hard for the job?

tell me whether u havent been offered a single job or you didnt get the expected package 

Lalit Kumar (Vice President ) (2213 Points)
Replied 19 January 2012

I would not use the word Umemployment.. Probably would say if one is not gettin placed, he doesnt know to sell himself.. "Survival of the Fittest" is the Buzz word i would rather use.

In one way its good cos this will improve competition to get placed thereby makin u to strive for the Best.!

Anyways no Offence meant to anyone. Just gotta have some patience. One doesnt need a degree to prove himself in life. Having said this, CA Degree will surely give the initial breakthorugh in life.

Cheers.!

Saurjya (CA FINAL STUDENT) (70 Points)
Replied 19 January 2012

CA Institute is not at all responsible for the unemployment situation. We cannot blame CA Institute if they increase the pass %. It is we whom blame the Institute when the pass rate is not good. As students I am sure every one of us dreams to become a CA as soon as possible. If you look at the scenario there’s unemployment in every profession you talk about be it medical, law, engineers, etc. Few years back during recession there have been instances where passouts of TOP B-SCHOOLS were unemployed but we cannot blame the B-SCHOOLS for it. In comparison CA profession gives us the statutory right of performing audit/attest function. It equips us with thorough knowledge of accounting and taxation. It also gives us some idea on financial markets.

We students have a very wrong approach and we consider the course to be a course which ensures us a huge pay packet once we qualify. We expect a ready job.  But it is definitely a wrong approach. Today there’s dearth of young practicing CA’s. As per a report released sometimes back almost 80% of the qualified students opt for a job. There’s enough scope for practicing CA’s but we need to identify the opportunities and exploit it. There’s even enough scope for you to start some enterprises as entrepreneurs. We have some of the most reputed entrepreneurs in INDIA  who are CA’s. After acquiring a degree which provides us insight into various aspects of a business why not we be job creators instead of being job seekers and blaming the institute.

It is very easy to blame others but just imagine if CA Institute controlled the result by decreasing the pass percentage then wouldn’t have we been criticising the institute or blaming the institute and commenting about the correction of papers or scaling down of marks?? CA institute never said it’s a JOB GUARANTEE course. So why blame it if we don’t get a job. We could have opted for other courses which provides schemes like “100% JOB GUARANTEED OR MONEY BACK.”

Although I am just a FINAL level student now but I can very confidently say that once I get the qualification, there won’t be dearth of any opportunity.

In short I would like to say instead of blaming the CA INSTITUTE we should work hard find out opportunities. It is definitely a novel profession providing ample opportunities and we being a part of it must respect it else we should not take the credit of holding a CA qualification. There’s enough scope and some opportunities can be found in CACLUBINDIA itself.  One such file is /share_files/an-insight-into-twenty-four-sunrise-professional-opportunities-for-chartered-accountants-20736.asp

With due respect to everyone who posted their views on this forum I would like to say that whatever I have written above is just a personal opinion and without any offence to anyone.

CA SHAHZAD RAHMAN (CA) (46 Points)
Replied 19 January 2012

Dear Friends...Let me assure you there is no dearth of job in market...There are lot of opportunities in every sector...You just need to look out and grab that....And in my opinion a CA can never be unemployed....This is the only degree in world with which you can earn even when you are on your death bed......Frankly speaking I am in job for past 10 months and now i am going to quit and start practice.....Because thats where the charm of CA profession lies........

1 Like

Meha Desai (Chartered Accountant) (50 Points)
Replied 20 January 2012

Whatever. My answer is still not changed. You see there is a line. A border. And I am under that 200 marks border and you are above that 200. So, definately, thinking chnages. If you would not have been CA, you would not even cry about unemployement in the first place. If you will not get job now, nothing dramatically happen like someone will snatch away your CA degree or no one will hire you. This is just a phase. It will pass. You have opportunity at ANY time, coz you have that certificate. One fine day, you wake up and find some job, give interview and you can be selected. The same situation is pathetic for me, I can not even do that, coz I have not that certificate. Whats the point? Unemployement does not even affect me, right now. LOL.

Moral of the story is that, Value that damn degree. Coz I really don't have it now, and I value those two letters a lot .. CA. It will make difference. Just value it, or still deal is on ..  LOL .. Transfer your 2nd group Marks to me. Give me that CA certificate. I will find anything after that. :)

Replied 20 January 2012

And plus .. My Articlship was tough. My mentor, My sir was so inteliigent and he taught me so many things that if I'd get some terrible job, I have confidence that I would make it. My boss was amazing teacher, he literally prepared me for some terrible jobs. So, I am even ready for pressures, deadlines, scolding and all coz I've been throguh that too. But see? Here I am ready and I did not pass. And you are Passed and still not happy. Why people do not value such qualification? Mujhe De Do Yaar .. :(

1 Like

(Guest)

Meha

Rehman,

This is confidence one should learn from these professional, Only being book worm and acheiving CA degree can not hepl you life time , it is your own attitude and confidence ,which will drive your succs.

You need to qaulify fourteen papers to become a CA , but your demotion from CA to normal B.com takes mare two/three years of unprofessional attitude. No exam is further taken to degrde you from CA to B.com.

2 Like

Replied 20 January 2012

Originally posted by : Raj Kumar Gupta

Meha

Rehman,

This is confidence one should learn from these professional, Only being book worm and acheiving CA degree can not hepl you life time , it is your own attitude and confidence ,which will drive your succs.

You need to qaulify fourteen papers to become a CA , but your demotion from CA to normal B.com takes mare two/three years of unprofessional attitude. No exam is further taken to degrde you from CA to B.com.

Very Well Said.

I am glad that I am not at all book worm. I am so proud of my Boss. Generally, I heard many CA students/Articles that they hated their Articleships and Boss but I am so glad that I learned from my boss. One of the best Chartered from my cities. Fortunately, it never happened that I said, I hate my boss. Jokes apart...but never seriously. :)

1 Like

sanjay bhosle (MD) (107 Points)
Replied 27 January 2012

CA is superior then doctors and surgeons and much much much more then engineers  ( see below links )After 1 or 2 years situation will change According to report ( American jobs council ,UK accountancy ,EU accountancy)Indian CA's will be higher paid CA's in the world with many fold increase in demand for them and fresher CA,s would get around minimum 18-20 Lac package,there would be hiring spree for Indian CA,s, will be in much great demand therefore many foreign students r also trying to get this professional course ,it will be highest paid Accountancy professional course in the world and they would be scarcity of CA's ,we need 1.89 crore more CA's .And it has started and one Fresher CA(passed in second Attempt)was recruited for 1.38 crore per annul in India, and one Fresher CA got job in US firm with whopping salary of 58 crore Annual(4.85crore monthly )ready to get recruit with such salary ready to get recruit with such salary we need millions OF CA's desperately and demand is increasing many times day by day. 

sanjay bhosle (MD) (107 Points)
Replied 10 February 2012

No CA is unemployed and will never be unemployed 

CA is superior then doctors and surgeons and much much much more then engineers  ( see below links )After 1 or 2 years situation will change According to report ( American jobs council ,UK accountancy ,EU accountancy)Indian CA's will be higher paid CA's in the world with many fold increase in demand for them and fresher CA,s would get around minimum 18-20 Lac package,there would be hiring spree for Indian CA,s, will be in much great demand therefore many foreign students r also trying to get this professional course ,it will be highest paid Accountancy professional course in the world and they would be scarcity of CA's ,we need 1.89 crore more CA's .And it has started and one Fresher CA(passed in second Attempt)was recruited for 1.38 crore per annul in India, and one Fresher CA got job in US firm with whopping salary of 58 crore Annual(4.85crore monthly )ready to get recruit with such salary ready to get recruit with such salary we need millions OF CA's desperately and demand is increasing many times day by day. 

CA Suraj Lakhotia (IndigoLearn) (4898 Points)
Replied 10 February 2012

A similar topic has also been discussed at length at

/forum/unemployment-of-ca-185445.asp

If you have the mettle, you wont be left unemployed. 

CA Suraj Lakhotia (IndigoLearn) (4898 Points)
Replied 10 February 2012

A similar topic has also been discussed at length at

/forum/unemployment-of-ca-185445.asp

If you have the mettle, you wont be left unemployed. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: