Easy Office

Nov 11 - costing paper review

Page no : 6

CA Sumit Shastri (Chartered Accountant) (57 Points)
Replied 12 November 2011

i think both are amswers because where the step fixed cost is involved there cannot be a single bep and there will be multiple beps
Originally posted by : Pranjal Dhariwal

Originally posted by : Neha Desai

BEP is 513 children....but considering the "Step cost" aspect....the rounding off number is "516" children.

oh..... But again, Why 516 children when profitability is achieved at 514 children???  There was nothing in question stating children should be in proportion of something or anything like that.

Kind attention - Sumit: Seems you did paper very well, what do you say? 514 or 516? And why is step costing required when answer comes directly??

Ravikumar Indi (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (53 Points)
Replied 12 November 2011

This paper seems very easy than anyother paper because they tasted conceptual clarity and anlaytical ability of every one.

Mayank kharbanda (Risk Advisory Services) (409 Points)
Replied 12 November 2011

Originally posted by : anuj

ABC was a theory ques. Seems the figures were given only for making confusion. Since both the product passes through same activities, there is no reason of making a ABC as activity cost will always be distributed in the ration of production.

u made my day dude!!!

i have writen the same answer. :))

I hope this turns out to be correct.

1 Like

CA ASHISH BANSAL (M.COM (F & T) , ACA) (69 Points)
Replied 12 November 2011

Paper was very conceptual one...students with gd conceptual base will find it easy...and others tough..i think paper was overall standard..ICAI has set the paper in such a way that students can score pass marks in few questions like..q 4(a), 4(b), 2(b), 6(a), 7 =48 marks..rest of the question were  very conceptual or tricky..so students can manage passing marks...but ICAI can not expect students to get phd in every subject with such vast sylabuss..we students are human being not computer..last time they wanted students to have phd in MICS......Last time in 2nd grp maximum exemption was in Costing so the students with exemption are lucky enough...

IT was more of a conceptual based Theory paper rather tha practical paper..ICAI always target a subject in each attempt for shattering the confidense of students...paper was said as tough on over all basis all over india.....even renowned costing teacher have expressed there opinion that the paper was tough .................... dont loose confidence checking will be very easy ....

i think rest of the papers will be easy ............

BEST OF LUCK..........

CA Pranjal Dhariwal (Business) (248 Points)
Replied 12 November 2011

Asish... I agree with you word to word. Plus Conceptual clarity has a vast meaning, like i might have concepts clear in marginal, or other chapters but not in q.t, so that is also sufficient to weigh down the over all performance in paper. Apart from that, 27 marks (not the question 7 which was a gift in turmoil) ka theory part was also tricky, which people might think they did right, but there might be chances of unaccounted loss. So the efforts required to reach 60 wil be 10 times more than efforts required to reach 40! Further, there wil always be people getting exemption and ranks, so they wil find most of the tough papers also easy, i consider myself a stupid common man... :-) So i wil still call it a tough paper (specially when you compare it with the preceding papers)

Joey Tribbiani (fdg) (2010 Points)
Replied 12 November 2011

Originally posted by : Mayank kharbanda

ABC was a theory ques. Seems the figures were given only for making confusion. Since both the product passes through same activities, there is no reason of making a ABC as activity cost will always be distributed in the ration of production.

u made my day dude!!!

thx mate,waise after this whole discussion I m now confused as to my paper as mine was good. And i think its better to prepare for next exam rather than discussing paper Question by question..

CA vandan hemantbhai mehta (c.a.) (60 Points)
Replied 12 November 2011

paper was very easy.

CA. ANKUR JAIN (CA.....) (2800 Points)
Replied 12 November 2011

Originally posted by : Future CA CS

Originally posted by : Mayank kharbanda

u made my day dude!!!

thx mate,waise after this whole discussion I m now confused as to my paper as mine was good. And i think its better to prepare for next exam rather than discussing paper Question by question..

I have also done like this yaaaaaaar........

hope am correct yaar

Moiz Ajani (Article trainee) (21 Points)
Replied 12 November 2011

Originally posted by : Robin

QUE 2(b)

Assignment problem or Transportation problem :-)))

??????????????????????

It was an assignment problem

Megha Maheshwari (WORKING- JOB) (68 Points)
Replied 12 November 2011

I am a lil depressed.. about yesterday's paper.. :'(

Can't concentrate on ISCA.. :((

Can anyone tell me the answer to 5(a).. Quickcomp and Fastercomp

Rup Kumar (finance manager) (288 Points)
Replied 12 November 2011

how the blank portion of CPM q no. 6(a) to be solved?

S.Ramkumar (Final Student) (114 Points)
Replied 12 November 2011

Originally posted by : Neha Desai

Thanks S. Ramkumar,  for expressing your views of agreement on 516 children.It is the multiple of 6 ( local transport cost ), the closest divisible number is taken.

I mean there are three BEP but the Correct to earn a profit in 514. But actually it misses the Oppurtuiny loss for 3 children by paying excess cost for Vehicle and also Room Rent. Hence after considering all the facts and already said by Mr. sumit as step cost there are multiple BEP's

CA. Karan Karnani (CA, CS, MCOM, BBA) (110 Points)
Replied 13 November 2011

Originally posted by : Mayank Saraogi

Is 3(b) sums on transfer pricing WRONG???

Its says that B is used as an Input IN A, and then they are asking to find the TP for A to B.....i m confused

yes there was language problem....u just need to put a quote..

shikha (article) (32 Points)
Replied 13 November 2011

Pranjal may i knw from whr u r doin ur industrial training?

actually industrial trainig interests me too,so wat do u suggest ??? shd i go fr it??

CA Pranjal Dhariwal (Business) (248 Points)
Replied 13 November 2011

Originally posted by : shruti

Pranjal may i knw from whr u r doin ur industrial training?

actually industrial trainig interests me too,so wat do u suggest ??? shd i go fr it??

Definitely Shruti….

My experience was really good. If you are planning to join industry after qualifying then you should do industrial training for sure, and otherwise too, it’s a nice experience overall. Plus it’s a needed change from audit or tax whatever you have been doing for 2-2.5 years. I did my industrial training from Deutsche bank (credit risk analysis), and I am very happy I did that. More than academic gaining you get to have overall grooming.

But the only problem I faced was timings… It usually gets late in the evening while coming back, so join classes for morning only if you want to do industrial training. And it will be hectic one year, so be prepared. But let me assure you, you wont regret!

Just keep in mind to choose the work which you like, otherwise it will become burden. In my opinion avoid MIS related work because it will be same work throughout your training. First list out you options and then select.

Good luck smiley

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: