Easy Office
LCI Learning

Unemployment of CA

Page no : 6

RcorpIndia (CMA) (128 Points)
Replied 07 July 2012

Dear Candidate,

Hi, 

I am associated with HeadCount a division of ABC Consultants.
'HeadCount caters to volume hiring needs of client organisations across industry to address the war for 'right' talent at the bottom of the pyramid, which is every organisation"s biggest challenge today'
Your profile is shortlisted for the role of Executive -Statutory Audit with one of the BIG 4 consulting MNC in Gurgaon.
Company Profile: 
The Big Four are the four largest international accountancy and professional services firms, which handle the vast majority of audits for publicly traded companies as well as many private companies, creating an oligopoly in auditing large companies. 

Level: Executive - Statutory Audit. 
Job Overview: 
Responsible for carrying out the Statutory Audit as per Indian GAAP - Quarterly reviews of clients.

Job Requirement: 
Semi Qualified (Result Awaited in July 2012)
Qualified CA Passout of 2012 ONLY APPLY .
GOOD EXPOSURE IN STATUTORY AUDIT IS MANDATORY!! 
In case you are interested please mail me your updated Cv to: 
'pooja.chamoli @ abcconsultants.in'with the following details: 
Current CTC: 
Expected CTC: 
Notice Period:
Current Location:

IN CASE YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED WILL BE VERY GRATEFUL IF YOU CAN FURNISH WITH SOME REFERENCES!!!!

Regards 
Pooja Chamoli
Headcount

Replied 07 July 2012

people, all those who say there are no jobs for CAs.. Tell me what base do you have to support this statement.

Tell me how many of you don't know of any vacancies, and how many of you know the vacancies and have applied and didn't get selected.

I request you to not be offended, the solution is in indentifying the problem..if the problem really is in the market then obviously there are no choices. 

but if the problem is somewhere else, we might be losing out on some big opportunities.

Replied 07 July 2012

Hi Palak,

The soluion is not in giving up. Identify your faults and improve on them, only degree is not enough in today's competitive day n age..understand this..only u can help yourself, nobody else..if you have a computer  and access to internet, then go on to youtube and watch videos about how to present yourself in the interview and how to draft a good resume/biodata.

I m telling you youtube is extremely helpful you can find almost anything on there.

also apart from your subject knowledge, you should be well aware of the current affairs, world and country wise, watch salman khan's videos on youtube pertaining to present economic situation, you will learn a lot.

* salman khan mentioned above is not the actor salman khan.

contact me on rashmi1.308 @ gmail.com if you think what i am saying is making sense.

don't lose hope, regain your self confidence and start acting today.

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry) (5464 Points)
Replied 12 July 2012

@ Rashmi ...

i dnt agree with you at all .... people with all the mentioned capablities above are also at home.

And those who luckily or with there capacities or refernces got a job are stucked there only .. as there is no substitute available

realise this fact .. demand of CA Fresher in industry last year has almost vanished due to 4 times supply

the mail u have copy pasted ... go and see the reality in the that interview .. you will find at least 100 candidates for each single position.

you just pray that the day you will clear .. there wont be a downturn in market as it is right now from Nov 2010 results declared.

1 Like

CA. JAIN (Chartered Accountant) (466 Points)
Replied 12 July 2012

Ravi....They(future CA) are in dream..but they not know wht d situation in market for freshers......its only due to impact of high supply

1 Like

Narayana Murthy Puppala (CA) (275 Points)
Replied 12 July 2012

Hi Rashmi,

I don't mean to offend you but u r the one who is yet to complete CA and the ones who r complaining about lack of jobs are those who have already completed CA,applying for all the jobs that are listed on job portals,contacting and networking with each and everyone to refer them for a potential job.What base do u have to say that there are ample jobs for CAs? 95% of the jobs listed on the portals do not revert back and there is a hell a lot of competition for the rest 5%.Soft skills will only let u fare better than others but r not gonna create more job opportunities.Hence,improving communication skills & personal skills may improve one's chances of getting selected which also means that at the same time,the chances are reduced for ur fellow interviewees.Afterall,it is a zero sum game.The problem lies within the system and many of us feel that ICAI is primarily responsible for this situation.Do u think those who commented above are sitting idle without applying to any job and are commenting that there are no jobs?What was the % selection in the recent campus recruitment?How do u expect 91% of freshly qualified CAs to find a job off-campus when there are almost none?When u ask people about the source of info,what gives u d right to say that there are offers pouring on freshly qualified CAs?People are already frustrated.Don't make them insane!

1 Like

Pralay Chakraborty (Service) (482 Points)
Replied 13 July 2012

Before posting a comment here, I want to convey to all of you, I am not here to hurt anybody or any Profession.

Now, coming to the point, as per my opinion everyone whoever made some post here, is correct to some extent, if we want to make a conclusion from all of the views, then as per my opinion:

1)      I do agree, Recent Market trend is very very bad as far as jobs are concern. There are hardly demands for the human assets in the corporates.

2)      But I Also support rashmi in the point, that many of the recent passed ca’s doznt have that quality what they are supposed to have. It doznt mean that all the ca’s lacking the quality, but it’s the fact that if 7 out of 10 shows lack of quality(either in knowledge  or in personality), then obviously frustration of the interview board will come out on the rest of the candidate who are actually fit for the job. Some times because of such reason rest of the good candidate are also not getting jobs.

It is because, a huge percentage in pass out recently. Don’t take it negatively, but its true that instead of passing out quality candidate, ca inst is allowing candidates to pass the exam who are not fit. One example will make you clear regarding.

I’m working in BHEL, Indirect tax section. Recently a group of fresh ca’s had come in our office for some industrial visit or some training purpose. When interacting with them, I experienced some members of that group doznt know the basic of accounting!!! In a reply, one of the ca told that Profit is a debit balance!!!!!!!!!!! and another ca was supporting him by saying yes profit is a debit balnce bcz, it used to reflect in the debit side of P/L account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god!! Now what an employer will think of it?? I explained him the accounts on that day. But if they are making such a ridiculous comment after being a ca, in the interview, then no one will save them…

3)      I am again telling that market is not good recently, but one thing, many in my network is getting placed in the corporates who are Cost Accountants. How can they got the placement?? Not only that they are getting a very healthy packages. Main thing is  the Problem may be in the market but there are certain problems as well which are within the candidates. Its very true that recently CMAs are having much more sharp than a CA, because of the significant difference in passing out. If the figure is 25-30% in ca, the CMA inst is not pushing up the figure more thn 5-8%. Resulting this significant difference in the quality.(Yes I am also dealing with CMA industrial trainee who are in CMA final. At least they have a sense of there working. They don’t make ridiculous comments).  Don’t mind but the situation is like that only

4)      Next, is the very important point that every passed out ca needs  to realize. Please get out of your attitude , ego like, ca’s are the best, any finace job is for ca’s only, no other professionals are there to beat you, every other professions are inferior etc. The scenario has changed bro, there are CMAs/CSs/ MBAs/CFAs etc as well with whom you need to compete. So prepare yourself for that. One of my ca friend is in his ego how they can offer only 3.5 lac to a ca?? he himself short-listed in the category of 8-10 lac & above!!! Result: he’s working in a ca firm where he is getting hardly 10-15K / month. Not getting offer from other companies which are willing to pay 5 -6 lac. 

So freshers, get out of all these ridiculous egos. Focus on your potentiality, then you demand that I’m the superior. You are superior or not that reflects on your quality not on your degree. Because at the end of the day company will look upto what you are giving for the benefit of the organization. They have nothing to do with your certificates. Certificates are valuable upto the door of Interview. After that if u make such ridiculous comments(Profit is a debit balance!! :-D) or if you show that I will be there if you offer me certain package then no one will be there to offer you.

Once again I’m requesting to everybody I dint want to hurt anybody/any profession. Don’t generalize any of my views. All of the views are very  much personal. Other views are most welcome. And Fresher’s, don’t lose hope. If you have the potentiality then no will be there to defeat you. All the very best!!!

chippy (Chartered Accountant) (79 Points)
Replied 13 July 2012

Be honest guys, is it that there is no job out there or is it that you are not getting jobs according to ur specifications? Cos you may not always get a high paying jobs when the market is bad and there is a lot of competition. The key is to get into some job and get some experience before you can hop to a better one. Once you get get into a company you dont have to answer that "profit is a debit balance and all".. Experience always helps be it a small or a big one..So keep applying. Dnt lose hope. There is enough job for everyone but may be initially you will have to compromise. It is better to get into a lesser paying job than to bear the embarrassment of unemployment..(U dnt have to show your payslip to everyone..:D)

Replied 13 July 2012

thats the spirit... correct chippy. thats wat I wanted to mean it. but one thing chippy, u said, Once you get get into a company you dont have to answer that "profit is a debit balance and all"

but is it really possible for those candidates to sustain in a lng run with that kind of knowledge?? i dont blv so. its true that whatever we read in our course, that we need not to apply in our job. but one must have to have ceratiin level of knowledge atleast. Freshers shud work on it.

chippy (Chartered Accountant) (79 Points)
Replied 13 July 2012

Ya they shud.. But what I am saying is they have at least passed CA. So shud not be that foolish..:) After getting into a job they can work around what is needed on that profile. Gradually they will learn...If it is a small company the pay will be less but the learning will be gud for those who are still confused...

Replied 13 July 2012

good saying chippy....

but the problems starts from the very beginning. you are telling that they are not foolish. but practically what i experinced is that, they are indeed not at par.. you are telling that, they will learn once they entered in a company. but the question reamains how they will mange to crack a job with this?? if a ca doznt know a simple basic of accounting then other better option will be there for the recriutrs..bcz other professions are there to enter into

Recently ITC did not participate in the campus programme of CA inst of a particular chapter, but they are continiuing visiting CMA Campus programme of that respective region..

Quality must have to be improved by the ca's.. its not that, I know everthing as i cleared ca.. if someone  knows  very well, then it shud come out.. otherwise result : 91% of ca who attended for campus progrmme, dint get placement.. 

CA Vishal (CA working in industry) (620 Points)
Replied 13 July 2012

Hi Pralay,

I have noticed most of your posts  whatever be the topic you always want to prove that CMA is better than CA . If the topic is such then it is fine  but using it everywhere sounds redundant  and repeatative. It is not  that only CA s are unemplyed even CMA , CS and MBA finance are not getting jobs  the finance sector only is not doing well

There is slowdown in the economy and all professionals cannot be absorbed.  so unempoyment would be there.. I dont know about the CA trainee but  looking at all your comments on this topic and elsewhere posted for other topics you do not sound professional as well as  your views are always biased  towards your profession .

2 Like

Replied 13 July 2012

@ Vishal: ur comments are most welcome man.. ;-)  but the thing is though my posts sent some sort of message to you, dat  i'm biased and all..but the thing is, everywhere i respect the quality. everywhere i respect the knowledge irrespective of any professions.. i contribute to this forum, what i saw generally or through my work. I guess a professional means, one who shud bring the truth or recent facts to the common people on their respective fields. My posts may looks like biased to you, but i am only reflecting the truth.. what i experienced by dealing with the young CMAs/CAs recently, my previous posts are the extract of that.. dats y at the very begining and  at the end i mentioned         "i dont want to hurt anybody/any profession". I also requested that, " not to generalise my posts here" .. but  u took it generally.. Please i am not mentioning every one out here. if some ca's dont know basic of accounting dznt mean that every ca is also like that. Does any of my comments say that?? I guess not. I was telling the fact , the problem is it is very hard to accept the fact . but the truth will be truth, it cant be ignored.

but Vishal, once again i'm saying please dont mind dude. 

Please dont generalise any facts,/any of my posts.

CA Ashish Jain (chartered Accountants) (64 Points)
Replied 13 July 2012

there was good reputaion of CA while CA Foundation and CA PE-II but after CPT there is no more jobs for CA also quality of CA profession is also at low level.

our Rank holders is blamed for not having knowledge which must have. Dummy is also a major Factor,

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry) (5464 Points)
Replied 13 July 2012

CMA pralay ji 

i dont agree with you ...

CMA institute and CMA passouts are still far lagging behind as cmparison to CA 

reason being ... the training matter

m sorry to say this because i am right now myself posted in a maharatna co. based on cma campus only 

but i always feel that ca institutes programmes and training culture has taken its respect far ahead

about the cwa getting placements .. it is due to the fact that most of the cwa doing students are those who are side by side working as well.

so far as my views are concerned all three institutes are same.

you cant blame ca students saying that they dont know the debit balance. it may be with few of those who take ca articleship for granted

but right now the question is lesser jobs in markets ..

and the reason is the last year passing rate of icai.

it has ruined many of us. I was fortunate rankholder in cma examination that i got a good job and m satisfied as well.
Regarding ca vs cwa

what i felt is since i have done both.

The question paper level and training is still far better then cwa.

i did both simultaniously and found one who is failing in ca finals can easily crack cwa finals.

but the real warturf begins after passing these degrees and applying the principles in practical situations

again saying all of 3 in job market once got experianced is same.

so kindly dont begin a war on CA VS CWA here

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: