Easy Office

Revised Return of Service Tax.

Page no : 2
(Guest)

dear

i was filled the service tax return (01.04.08 to 30.09.08) but i have no pay service tax outward freight

so i want to say how can revised return

Nikhil Talwar (Professional) (23 Points)
Replied 21 December 2009

Dear Experts,

I wish to revise the service tax returns for FY 08-09 (both the returns). Basically there is no change in the S.TAX amount (paid) but there are changes in gross sales amounts (for both returns).

The period of revised filing of return has elapsed (90 days from the filing of original return). Please advise if I can communicate to the Department that revised sales figures or if these is still any providion for filing a revised return.

Regards,

NT.

Madhukar N Hiregange (Chartered Accountant) (38934 Points)
Replied 23 December 2009

If the 90 day period is over it would be good idea to send a disclosure letter stating the error and attach therewith the revised retrun. It maybe sent by RPAD. This would ensure that at future times the charge of supression of information would not be fastened.

EKALABYA TALUKDAR (SERVICE TAX CONSULTANT) (666 Points)
Replied 25 December 2009

MR OFFICESELVA IS CORRECT FOR HIS 90 DAYS TIME FOR RECTIFYING THE RETURN

AMIT (ARTICLE) (32 Points)
Replied 26 December 2009

hi yes service tax return can be revised with in 90 day from the date of deposit of return

manjari (Article ) (56 Points)
Replied 26 December 2009

60 dayz has been amended by 90 dayz now for submitting revised return. n these 90 dayz will be calculated from the date of filing the original return

Rasika (Student) (22 Points)
Replied 21 January 2010

It has been mentioned in Rule 7B that return can be revised within 90 days of submission of return.

So if i file a particular period's return after 1 year or so then can that late return be also revised within 90 days?????

U S Sharma (glidor@gmail.com) (21056 Points)
Replied 22 December 2010

Originally posted by : Nikhil Talwar
Dear Experts,
I wish to revise the service tax returns for FY 08-09 (both the returns). Basically there is no change in the S.TAX amount (paid) but there are changes in gross sales amounts (for both returns).
The period of revised filing of return has elapsed (90 days from the filing of original return). Please advise if I can communicate to the Department that revised sales figures or if these is still any providion for filing a revised return.
Regards,
NT.

be sure about the words , sales are not subject to service tax !!

U S Sharma (glidor@gmail.com) (21056 Points)
Replied 22 December 2010

Originally posted by : Guest
dear
i was filled the service tax return (01.04.08 to 30.09.08) but i have no pay service tax outward freight
so i want to say how can revised return

outward freight is under GTA, and service recepient has to file return, 

if you have filed one return, means u r service provider of some other service, 

get your RC amended for GTA service receipent, and file TWO returns onward, 1 as provider 2 as receipent. 

Raman (Executive Accounts) (26 Points)
Replied 20 January 2011

Assessee may file Service tax return after 90 days if he file original return in priscribed due time , and procedure for filling of return .

Raman Jha

Rupesh Gilda (PCC) (26 Points)
Replied 16 April 2011

Can belater services tax return can be revised, what its condition ?

Rupesh Gilda (PCC) (26 Points)
Replied 16 April 2011

Hi Dear All

Should TDS Deducted in techincal ( software) (monthly ) Services provied by foreign company to indain company , which section it applicable

Ashish (Assistant Manager Accounts & Finance)   (54 Points)
Replied 14 September 2011

I want to file a revised service tax return for the half year ending 31-03-2011, as the due date is expired now can i file the return if yes then what will be the penalties or fine??

CA kuldeep kothari (own practice) (375 Points)
Replied 23 September 2011

please reply

if the assessee is having pan based service tax no. but don't have aces login id and password than what to be done.

what if he doesn't have pan based service tax no.

do we need to visit department for taking the id and password.???

if somebody have aces login id than also he need to deposit hard copies along with the surrender aknowledgement which we will receive online.

one more issue if somebody is having a property in gurgaon which is let out and residence in delhi than where he need to get to registered delhi or gurgaon???

FinsQ (service provider) (54 Points)
Replied 26 May 2012

yes you can fill revise return... with in 90 days from the date of filling of original return....  futher you can also revice belated return...!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro