Easy Office
LCI Learning

Demand for ICWA

Page no : 3

(Guest)

Now,

See the details of Director Finance ( BHEL , GIANT Engineering Company)

Mr Pralay , IIT VS CWA VS MBA UK  may  not be good comparision?

Mr P.K. Bajpai, has assumed charge as Director (Finance) of engineering major Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL).

Prior to the appointment of the State-owned firm's board, the 56-year-old Mr Bajpai was heading the company’s financial services division as Executive Director.

A Mechanical Engineer from IIT, Kanpur; MBA from the University of Leeds, UK and AICWA from the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India, Mr Bajpai joined BHEL as an Engineer Trainee in 1977, a company release said. He has 34 years of diversified and versatile professional experience through working in major segments of BHEL.

CMA. Rakesh Kataria (Practising Cost Accountant)   (531 Points)
Replied 07 January 2012

IIT Degree is nothing to do with Director Finance post, For finance and Accounts you needs to be have CA, CWA, or MBA finance degree. Mr. Pralay got this post on the basis of MBA and ICWA degree. IIT degree with experience in the technical area helps in getting this post.  Mr. Raj Kumar Gupta you may be agreeing with me.

Also Mr. Raj Kumar Gupta i have so many Cost Accountant's in various companies at top of the finance department. Myself was Financial Controller of US based company before comes in practice. so your perception is wrong that ICWA cannot become head of the finance.

As i mentioned earlier degree is only gate pass rest on you how you perform. Top management only sees intelligent work. If you are only ICWA and hard worker than you can become head of the finance of your company. if you are CA and thinks that due to degree you will get this post than you are in dream. CA also needs to work hard to get this post. Ultimately  “KARMA" wins. It is also mention in the Bhagvat Gita.

Our industrialist in this country is non biased. They look for the knowledgeable and hard working peoples in the organization. I have seen so many M.Coms who heads finance departments and CA's and CWS's are working under them.

(Guest)

Dear Rakesh,

I do agree with you 100%. World's top liqure company ,president was simply 10th pass.

take the example of Microsoft. Bill gates.

MR Pralay wan to show that CWA are only holding top position in the industries, But he is misleading the facts.

Mr Aditya Birla is a Chartered Accountant, so it does not mean  CA's are going t o be like him.

All these examples are baseless and misleading our junior fellows.

I am very much agreed with you that it is only your Karma decidies your success.

(Guest)

Mr, Rakesh,

Ex.Marketing Director of world's giant Cement Company is CA and CWA. He does not have any marketing qualification , but he has performed excellent job in the marketing . It does not mean all ca will go to Marketing.

Pralay Chakraborty (Service) (482 Points)
Replied 07 January 2012

Mr Raj: Did u have CCI account before???

First answer me then i will rep to u.....

Replied 07 January 2012

Form above discussion we can give massage to our young students that you will get the job after completion CWA and CA, starting salary may be between 300,000 to 6,00,000 lacs. Per annum.  But after that your real struggle start, you need to work hard to reach at the top of the department. Consistency and updating of knowledge is also required, as we all knows that following new legislation is in pipeline

1. New Companies Bill introduced in parliament
  2. Direct Tax Code already with standing committee on finance
  3. Goods and services Act under process  of discussion with states
  4. New Costing Accounting and Auditing system already introduced from 1-4-2011. 14 industries are under compulsory Cost Audit.
  5. IFRS already introduced for selective industry
  6. Cost Accounting standards and GACAP is already made compulsory in manufacturing sector. Now companies having turnover more than 20 crore needs to maintain cost record and need compliance certificate.
  7. Company Secretary  audit will be compulsory in near future
  8. Internal Audit of some class of companies will be made compulsory

So, our all members of CA/ CWA/ CS and students are required to update the knowledge of above mentioned legislations’.

CA /CWA/CS institutes needs to work together and get the successful implementation of above mentioned legislation.

Fighting between CA and CWA institute is over; ICWAI is now ICAI with CMA designation.  Both institute needs to work together and do MRA (Mutually recognition Agreement) and provide exemption in papers and training requirements. This will improve relationship of students of both the institutes, students of both the institutes are Indians, and we need to think about the same. Both the institutes need to start joint training program for members and students the above mentioned legislations.

CMA Rakesh Kataria

2 Like

Replied 07 January 2012

1 Like

(Guest)

Hello CCI members, Myself Arjun, am doing CA,CWA,CS.I came to know about CCI through one of my friend. I found CCI very useful and informative but onething i couldnot understand why the name is CACLUBINDIA when it is actually meant for all finance professionals and tax payers. After going through the TOP 30 members list, i came to know that all the three professionals are contributing articles and sharing knowledge in fact CMA's and CS members are contributing more then the CA members. Ranking Name Occupation Points 1 Ankur Garg Company Secretary and Compliance Officer 59463 2 CMA. Sanjay Gupta "PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN" 43188 My intention is not to create conflict among three professionals but only the curiosity to know why the name is CACLUBINDIA. I feel the name should be suitably changed to show that it is meant for all finance professionals. Possible suggestion for new name, 1. CMS Club India {C- chartered, M- Management(CWA), S- secretary(CS)}..but shortform remains the same i.e.CCI 2. FinPro Zone...where FinPro stands for Finance Professionals. 

1 Like

(Guest)

She is alumni of Asia 's 3rd B school 's in India ,Jamnalal,Mumbai ,She shares her experiences of CA ( Cost accounatacny)

Chanda Kochhar: It's fashionable to change jobs every 3 years

Last updated on: January 11, 2012 08:09 IST

Chanda Kochhar
Next

Chanda Kochhar, MD and CEO of ICICI Bank talks about the education system in India and offers advise on how parents can help in the decision making process of a child's career.

As the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of ICICI Bank, Chanda Kochhar needs no introduction.

Her views on education, choosing a career and growing in it, and India's job market vis-a-vis the modern economy are something that not many people are familiar with.

She spoke to Maheshwar Peri in a candid tete-a-tete

Tell us something about your childhood.

I come from a very education-oriented family.

My father was the principal of Malaviya Regional Engineering College at Jaipur, it is now called Malaviya National Institute of Technology.

I think the basic thing in him was that children must be able to get good education whatever be their circumstances. The choice of career was up to us but whatever we would decide to do we should do well in that. I was still in school in Jaipur when my father expired, leaving behind my mother and three children.

That's when my mother decided to shift to Bombay, where I would complete the rest of my education.

What made you study cost accountancy at Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India (ICWAI)?

I had planned to do an MBA after finishing graduation.

While I was doing my graduation I realised I had too much time at hand.

So instead of hanging around in college I thought I should do cost accountancy. That's how I came to enroll at ICWAI.

You did acquire an MBA afterwards. Right?

Yes, as I had planned.

Abhishek Kumar Agarwal (Accountant) (27 Points)
Replied 20 January 2012

As per my view, in India scope of CA is much brighter than ICWA.

Course material is same and you to work hark in the both case.

Then why to persue ICWA?????????

However in abroad both are given equally importance.

Hope you have got the answer.

1 Like

(Guest)

CWA  2012 Pass percentage was not disclosed by

ICWAI , it is

alomst upto 68% in both Group in Final

see below the resultsed in final centre wiese compted self;

Pass Percenatege

Final Both Group Grp 1 GRP 2

Appeared 1570 2455 3679

Pass 896 1585 2611

Pass 57% 66% 70%

Caculated on the bais of declaed centre wise and with estimated data 
Li
Hence

Notes :The Institute of Cost Accountants  of India never discloses its stundets performance due to results like normal Academic course B.com .

Replied 24 July 2012

and the mad circus show began once again.........smiley

keep it up Mr. Gupta. we were missing you and your jokery!!!!!!

Replied 24 July 2012

btw, hw many times you will open account here Mr. Gupta??? I guess already 3-4 times you'v opened an account which subsequently blocked by th eadmin of CA club.

today once again you opened an account and started ur famous circus show!!!!!

Replied 24 July 2012

kya baat kya baat......... tu continiue kar beta... kya pata kal tera acoount block na ho jaye!!!! 

Replied 24 July 2012

btw, you continiue ur circus.... i have lot of work to do in my office.... 

RACE Audit ka naam suna hai kabhi??? i need to make a draft reply on their Audit paras...

So, keep it up beta...I may not watch your show now

akele hi show dikhate rahena!!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: