Easy Office

Dadagiri treatment for ICAI - Send flowers

Page no : 2

Ashish Ojha (Chartered Accountant) (469 Points)
Replied 25 July 2010

Dear Faiz.. Your Points are reasonable. You Have the right to believe or not on something.. I believe it because it has come to me by a very credible sourcce... If I name that person here, it will surely lead to controversies because that member is one of the Best Known CA in North India...

So, I leave it to you, whether to believe it or not..

2 Like

M. N. JHA (CA) (8316 Points)
Replied 25 July 2010

Originally posted by : Ashish Ojha

Dear Faiz.. Your Points are reasonable. You Have the right to believe or not on something.. I believe it because it has come to me by a very credible sourcce... If I name that person here, it will surely lead to controversies because that member is one of the Best Known CA in North India...

So, I leave it to you, whether to believe it or not..

yes Ashish, can u know i think institute may also think to starts there self coaching clases and which compulsory for all student. ICAI can make rule only against student not against the member.

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Faiz Ahmed
Mr Ashish Ojha, 

How can a President of ICAI come on public platform and comment all this??? Think over it.... Its not that easy to make this statement, especially when no ICAI official has accepted the mark manipulation on any fora. I think this is result of a misinterpretation of his statement.

I would like to make one more thing clear that here in CCI many people made comments about 33% of reservation for women...  Many member said what they felt like without taking care to listen to original words of Salman Khurshid.   His main motive was 33% reservation in council of ICAI, which i think is not a bad idea.. His Idea was not in support of any reservation in exams or other thing. Today only i have seen the original speech of Salman Khurshid. telecasted on CNBC TV-18.

So my point is when someone comes out to make a point , He/She should check authenticity and correctness of his views. 

Rajiv (Finance) (200 Points)
Replied 25 July 2010

Agree with Faiz..

praveen (student) (23 Points)
Replied 25 July 2010

REASON FOR DECREASE IN PASS PERCENTAGE
At the Recently concluded Convocation Ceremony, the esteemed President of our Institute - Shri Amarjeet Chopra has said that

"WE'VE DECREASED THE PASS PERCENTAGE TO TEACH A LESSON TO THE COACHING CLAS.

Dear frnds i think our president has taken huse amount of BLACK MONEY from those who is running  COACHING CLASS for decresing of results so that there number of student increase to take coaching.

AAP LOGO KO SAYAD HI PATA HAI KI JIS Convocation ME HAMARE PRESIDENT NE JO CA ACT KI BOOK DIYA WO 2008 THAK HI UPDATE THA, JABKI AAJ 2010 CHAL RAHA HAI, HAMARE BEBKHUF PRESIDENT PATA HONA CHAHIYE THA KI USME AMMENDMENT AA GAYI HAI AUR WO KAHTA HAI KI ICAI KI MATIRIAL PADO PASS HONE K LIYE.

CA. Arijit Mukherjee (International Accounting - Citrix R&D India)   (276 Points)
Replied 25 July 2010

Originally posted by : Faiz Ahmed

Originally posted by : sahil schroff

ashish some people believe their beloved institute can do no wrong, that's why!

Its not the question of loving the institute or not.

Even if I agree for 1 moment that result have been manipulated, which many people say that ICAI has got powers to do so BUT.....

Do I agree that ICAI did this to spoil the business of coaching. Nobody is such a big fool to comment like this on public forum. Will you after doing a wrong thing come out and confess. Only a fool of 1st degree will do that. What he will get by passing such comments?? Leave aside all emotions and Knee-jerk reactions, ICAI believes in quality and I believe its being delivered through its exams.  Many people comment its because of ICAI policy , I have not cleared. To talk bluntly, they are merely hiding their mistakes/failure. When some people passed they sing song for ICAI. When they fail, all sort of lame excuses will come out and people will appreciate that.

Why people who fail don’t think they are not upto mark or they don’t have quality. They should think how to be in that 3% or 10% criteria, rather than shifting blame to others. There are many CA’s who have qualified who are not aware of AS according to expectation. I am pointing towards those who have cleared in more no. of attempts. May be even 1st attempter are not aware.Its because of not learning properly they fail. Just see the paper of a ranker, how well its presented. Many people have got 100 in Accounts in CA, how wonderful the paper looks. Its just how we work on certain things helps rather than crying over your mistakes by shifting the blame. Its all about continously learning..

When a paper is over for CA, many people discuss it(good habbit)… but I am sure after that paper only they know their real worth. Please don’t talk about B.com, its like estimating goodwill by simple avg. method. The real worth / value is known by intrinsic method. This intrinsic method is used in CA. ICAI was formed to create professionals(many people have forgotten),  and not to equal the balance machine with that of B.com.

I am not against coaching, but I am against spoon feeding. Many students what they do is just do some sums of some famous faculty and try to vomit it in exams, though that vomitting sensation may even not come in CA exams. One should make his own notes and not merely download/ copy it from someone. By not making notes , one is locking his brain with godrej locks. Learning is much more than that. Real learning lies in self-study only. No doubt it takes time, but the real thinking power comes out. Its good to learn some concepts from good faculty…. Unfortunately, many coaching places are for money only. Thousands of students will be dumped in one single room like grains. There what happens, many young boys will be much more aware than me. I have seen so many fantastic and mind blowing personality on CCI from whom I have learnt something. If you ask them from where they got so much knowledge, they will tell , its through self exploration of subject with some help from good faculty. Join coaching to learn something not to depend upon them. One should be only dependent on  capabilities of his brain(use it). All great things were explored through mind only. Be a good observer.

I would just say – One should work sincerely towards his/her goal. Rest leave it to God.  Real Knowledge is never a waste. There is no use cribbing against CA Amarjit Chopra or any one else. Crib only when you are able to say that you have done to the best of your ability according to the demands of CA course(Quality is the key word).

Nobody is playing with us. Its we who play with our career. Knowing very well what CA course needs, still we don't work accordingly. No one should worry about the Economy now. Dr. Manmohan Singh is there to take care of it. He or India needs quality professionals and not any half baked pastry. India would love to have knowledgeable CA's  along with integrity. They don't need any CA to bring any ASATYAM to our nation. 

My kind request to everyone, think over it. Just introspect what wrong has been done by each one of us and what we can do to correct it in practical manner. I am not sorry to make the above comments as sorry has become a license to do wrong thing. I am sure whatever i said is true and correct.(keeping my hand on my heart) 

Dear Faiz,
 I Agree with you on everything u have mentioned. Even agreed that our President did not make such comment. But there is one thing i cant agree with u, & I am confident that this time the results were fabricated to a certian extent. Be it, becauz of coaching classes, or any other reason, but the fact remains the same. Do u really think 3-4 % people had studied wat was needed to be studied??, and the rest were fools? i know many students had not given the best of their efforts, many hadnt taken it seriously, many lack writing power, many does not have proper exam temprmnt,... etc. But does those serious people comprise of only a meagre 3-4%???? can you answer this by keeping ur hand on ur heart???

Off course one shud try and be in those 3-4% students who actually passed,, But u know wat, its really easier said than done.im not trying to offend you my friend, nor anyone else, but i have seen many of my friends who are defintly sincere, and had sacrificed every comfort and luxury of life and worked really hard for the last 10 months. After the exam one of them solved the entire Tax paper for me, which was almost 80% correct[ as per RTP] and he got 32.

as it is said," once is happntance, twice is co-incidence, but thrice is defntly enemy action.

Seeing so many instances i am forced to think that something is wrong up there.

[ No offence please]

1 Like

surbhi (articled assisstant) (30 Points)
Replied 25 July 2010

i totally agree with arijit... if our inst n members think dat keeping the results low will increase the value of our course... den in my opinion they r wrong... the point is they have chnged n fabrctd the results... we have seen the papers of finals... they were not tough to the extent dat no1 can slove them.. if they wanna keep the result low n incrse the imp of course then they shud have dne it by tghnin the papers.. by testing knowlgde of studnts... not by exrcing thr power over results...
1 Like

Faiz Ahmed ( Article Trainee) (1731 Points)
Replied 25 July 2010

Dear Arjit, 

I never said that Institute is not manipulating results. Its being done, but not the way you and i think. See CPT pass percentage is nearly 25%, it means only 25% students have the knack to crack CPT(means aware of basics to some extent). I know some persons securing 90% and above in 12th but they are not able to crack CPT even in 4th attempt(strange). CPT valuation is computer based. 

In CPT you are tested with some basic skills. Coming to next stage of IPCC/PCC result is around 10%. Why so??? Its because those many people only are fit to the standards of valuation. When we talk about Final, its the game of who is expert and present his paper accordingly. Solving RTP is not a big thing as its just a compilation of previous exam papers with some modification. A person with reasonable knowledge will be able to solve it. When we write exams, its totally different. Even the first question which appears to be easy has a good trick inside it. Moreover, now exams are practical based. This may be the reason students not doing well in exams. For proof see last exam examiners comments. 

I am not underestimating anyone. I am presenting you the facts. If you get a chance to see any student paper through RTI, have a look at it.  I am sure you will know the reality. I am saying all this as get in touch with evaluators to ask about the performance. Nerve cracking benchmark is there. So the thing important is how you present your paper infront of evaluator . No matter how much knowledge you possess. But its 3hrs that counts. One should explain the paper in his answer sheet as if he is explaining a fool(evaluator). Then see how beautiful answer looks. Your real knowledge will be reflected . E.g. many students dont give a working note to a question containing a point which is not relevant. Even the thing which you think is not to be answered must be provided with reason. There are many more such things. 

At last , i would say study in an excellent manner which is expected out of a CA and not as per expectation of any University. 

All the best for your future life.

Replied 25 July 2010

Originally posted by : surbhi
i totally agree with arijit... if our inst n members think dat keeping the results low will increase the value of our course... den in my opinion they r wrong...

the point is they have chnged n fabrctd the results...

we have seen the papers of finals... they were not tough to the extent dat no1 can slove them..
if they wanna keep the result low n incrse the imp of course then they shud have dne it by tghnin the papers.. by testing knowlgde of studnts... not by exrcing thr power over results...

See the manipulation is not done in the way you are thinking. Its totally based on reasons. All answers are checked as per some standards expected by ICAI. Final course is not a joke. Nowadays paper are easy compared to 7- 8yrs back. Want proof, attempt the questions of those years. If ICAI has made a change in paper pattern, obviously there will be some checks to evaluate the performance. In exams how many students proceed with all the steps required in that question. For each and every step there is some mark. For any huge blunder mistakes in relation to basics heavy penalty is there. 

Can all those 97% students say truthfully they have performed as per the students in 3% category.??????????????   A big question mark....

ICAI is in search of creating good professionals with ethics. People who say ICAI materials are not updated. Who says???? There is always a website for latest updates(icai.org)..  Now they have provided with all the materials in form of soft copy. So don't say its not updated. Even if something is not updated, it can be updated through CA journal ( don't know how many people read it).... 

Hence , My Kind request to everyone(students) please stop criticising and do what you are really meant to do.

Replied 25 July 2010

I know i am talking in front of people who have their own reasons to justify their wrong things. I have replied to these posts as i was observing these types of comments floating almost everywhere, so only replied to bring correct picture.

Now i won't reply as it will be merely waste of time to convince. 

If every CA student studies like the picture portrayed in this quotation, i am sure no one can stop him/her from achieving success.--

" A man should do his work so well , that the living, the dead and the unborn could do it no better. If it falls your lot to be street sweeper, sweep the streets like Michaelangelo painted pictures, like Shakespeare wrote poetry, like Bethoven composed music......"

----- Martin Luther King.

All the best and study well.....

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)
Replied 25 July 2010

justify their "wrong things"? What do u mean, u smart alec? congrats we have an official spokesperson from icai here.

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)
Replied 25 July 2010

I would rather send rotten,wilted flowers to their funeral. See the videos which u have posted. They are singing and dancing,"chalte chalte.....kabhi alvida na kehnaa".meaning that, continue your articleship; pay for ur attempts again and again; and increase our bank balance.wtf...........

Ranjan (student) (24 Points)
Replied 25 July 2010

To All my friends.. I just want to say 1 thing which may or may not satisfy thoughts of all- whether of those in Fav of this statement by president under controversy of who r against it.

Whether it is a rumor or fact, truth or false, arbitrary act or planned act... anything. Such a result has already been declared, without any backing (whether on Macro economic front or on personal front) to such a result. 

such a low result and such low marks scored by the rank holders of CA final old course. This will only raise certain ques. in industry and market as a whole regarding the quality of CA students and course.

Think about it where does such a result point towards. We all are equally sensible and have equal sense of analysis [as v belong to same course and knowledge level(well almost)]. We can judge things. 

Its never a practice of any Industry to wait for any specific professionals, especially when there exists alternates to it. So this will definately not gonna increase the value of our course, rather may take it in a negative sense and move on with MBAs and other such professionals.

Think about it. Whose loss has been done!

1 Like

Mayank Agrawal (student) (136 Points)
Replied 25 July 2010

kbi alvida na kehna....icai ki income badhate rehna...hum(icai)yuhi tumko rulate rahenge...par tum kbhi alvida na kehna...padhte padhte pagal ho jana ..par kbi alvida na kehna....bravo sir....pehli br kisi ko stage pe apni dil ki nikalte dekha hai....

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: