Could anyone plz tell dat do v have exemption regarding CPE credit during the 1st year of membership?
(Manager ( Taxation ))
Replied 20 July 2009
There is no provision regarding it................................As new provioson regarding the CPE hours has been applicable from 01st Jan 2008 , so if you are the member of ICAI before 2008 then for such period you got relaxation for CPE hours but from 01st Jan 2008 onwards every CA has to bind with the new provions of CPE hours..............You have no option other to complete it................
Anil Kumar Arora
Replied 20 July 2009
During the 1st year of membership, You are fully exempt from earning CPE Hours.
Exemption from the requirements of Statement on CPE Applicability
All members of the Institute, except those who are exempted as per Para 6.2 below, are
required to meet the CPE credit requirement as would be recommended by the Council
from time to time.
The requirements of this Statement shall not apply to:
(a) A member, for the year during which he gets his Certificate of Practice for the
(b) A member or class of members to whom the CPEC may in their absolute
discretion grant full/partial exemption either specific/general, on account of facts
and circumstances of the case which in their opinion prevent such person(s) from
compliance with the requirements of CPE as given in this Statement.
Further, exemption from CPE is also available on medical grounds. For which the CPE
Committee has decided as follows:
1. No blanket exemption will be given on medical grounds from the mandatory CPE requirements for members.
2. Relaxation on medical grounds should be on a temporary basis period of which will be decided by the CPE Committee.
3. The claimant should submit the data regarding professional assignments of his own and the firm(s) in which he is a partner.
4. Every member who applies for exemption from the requirements of the Statement on medical grounds has to meet the following documentation requirements for claiming such exemption.
5. Diseases covered under Section 80DD of Income Tax Act be considered favourably for granting exemption.
CA Vishwanath SR
(ACA - Practice)
Replied 16 May 2012
Please provide the source for the above exemption mentioned by you.
Thanks in advance