Share More

Cpc order for credit mismatch

Sumit Sood (Engineer)     31 July 2013

Sumit Sood
Engineer 
 30 points

| My Other Post

Hi,

I have received a CPC order U/S 143(1) regarding mismatch in Tax credit for AY 2012-13.

My bank has deducted TDS from one of my FD but it is not reflecting in my Form 26AS and hence there is mismatch as I have mentioned that TDS in ITR. They have asked me to deposit that amount of TAX.

Please guide what action I need to take in this regard.

avater

Aditi Kaur (Practising CA)    01 August 2013

CCI Online Learning offers a library of courses for CA/CS/CMA Aspirants from the best faculties in India. Our top notch courses aim to make your journey from a student to a professional, a successful one. To promise a successful career as a professional CCI Online Learning also offers programs like Financial Modeling, MS Excel, IFRS/IND AS Certification Courses that will help you take your career to the next level. Check out the free demo videos here https://www.caclubindia.com/coaching/

avater

Nayagam (Chartered Accountant)     31 July 2013

Nayagam
Chartered Accountant 
 11 likes  134 points

View Profile | My Other Post

You can approach the bank to correct the TDS return, then only you will credit in your

PAN.

Dipjyoti Majumdar (CA in service & CS. dipmaj@ rediffmail.com )     31 July 2013

Dipjyoti Majumdar
CA in service & CS. dipmaj@ rediffmail.com  
 200 likes  3414 points

Take up the matter with bank instantly.In the absence of Form 16A how did you know bank has deducted tax ? Nowadays 16A has to be through TRACES -- so there cannot be any mismatch between 16A and 26AS. Unless the bank has revised its TDs return after giving 16A.

Thanks,

Sumit Sood (Engineer)     31 July 2013

Sumit Sood
Engineer 
 30 points

Thanks!

Bank has provided me the Form-16 for the TDS deducted.

I have approached my bank and they have told that they will correct that at the earliest. But there is no assurity when they will do that.

So, I just want to know what should I do at my end in this case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register