Company has not done any business since formation. how to go about mca reminders for annual filing?

Saleem Lala (3 Points)

23 January 2019  

Hi, 

I had set up a company in sept 2016 for the purpose of carrying out a business, with my father as the 2nd director. My friend had joined the company later. But we did not continue with the business as it didn't seem feasable in the planning stages itself. We never did any transaction on the company, nor did we ever open a bank account. Last year, he made me sign a document to exit the company (I signed without thinking too much) and backdated it to show he exited the company in november of 2016 itself, though the filing of that was done in 2018 may. 

Now I am getting mails from MCA to file the annual returns failing which I will have to bear the penalty. How do I go about this? I haven't filed roc documents for 16-17 nor for 17-18 till date. The busness never took off, absolutely no transaction at all. 

Can i convert the company to a dormant company or shut it down to avoid the penalty as I have no use for the company now or in the future.