Claim u/s 90

Dear All,

For AY2019-20, I had claimed relief u/s 90 article 25(2) for the tax deducted at US for the dividend given for my ESOPs held at ETrade. ETrade had deducted 25% withholding tax regarding which I filed a relief in my ITR.

But few days back, I got a income tax notice, where a demand is made to pay tax. Upon close scrutiny of the income tax calculations, I see that my claim, of 25% tax withheld at US, under DTAA sec 90 article 25(2) is not considered and that is the root cause of this demand.

 

What do I do now ?

Should I file a rectification request ?

But I feel that nothing is required to be changed in the originally filled form, except that the income tax department has not considered my claim of relief u/s 90.

 

Please suggest at the earliest.

 

 

Replies (3)
Quick Summary
The user received an income tax demand notice for AY2019-20 after claiming relief under Section 90, Article 25(2) for US withholding tax on ESOP dividends. The tax department apparently did not consider the claim, leading to the demand. The user is seeking advice on how to proceed, considering options like filing a rectification request, as they believe their original return was correct.

Dear All,

Can you help me with the suggestion as to how can I claim relief u/s 90 ?

As mentioned in the original query, CPC did not consider my claim in the original IT return and now I need to file rectification return.

 

Please suggest. 

Can anybody help me here ?

I've no idea what to do !!

Please help

Any response towards the resolution of this issue will be highly appreciated.

Eagerly awaited. 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details