Claim of housing loan interest on partly let out property

I own a Duplex Flat which has two floors with separate entry for each floor. I let out one floor of the property for the rent of 1,20,000 p.a.. My Housing Loan interest is Rs. 4,50,000 p.a.. Can I claim 50% of Loan under section 24 (b) as an interest for partly let our property and Rs. 1,50,000 as interest for self occupied property both. considering I am a salaried employee. (If there is some case law to claim both please share).

Replies (2)

Yes you can do that because U/C IHP computation has to be done on unit basis, even if part of the property is let out then computation is done for that also

I Am totaly agree with my Friend Z, Calculation is Unitwise, You can Claim 50% Interst on Let out Portion & Rs 150,000/- on Self Occupied Portion

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details