Tally

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mackie (Entrepreneur )     20 July 2021

Changes in invoice raised

Hello , We calculated wrong percentage and charged less to one of our clients and raised the invoice last month. As per the Agreement the percentage charged should be more. We have already filed GSTR1 and 3B this month. 

Is there a way to correct the invoice and charge the right amount now? If yes, is there a time limit within this correction can be made? 

Thanks

23 Replies

Sourav

Sourav (Student)     20 July 2021

You can revise such defect in next return
1 Like
Mackie

Originally posted by : Sourav
You can revise such defect in next return

thnks for the reply Sourav but I wanted to know how do we claim the balance amount from the client now? Will it b through a debit note or credit note? Do we need to issue a revised invoice? I also read somewhere about the concept of Supplementary invoice. How do I just claim the difference amount with the client? 

Sourav

Sourav (Student)     20 July 2021

Issue a revised or a fresh invoice
1 Like
Mackie

Originally posted by : Sourav
Issue a revised or a fresh invoice

Can I issue revised invoice with gst of just the difference amount as I have already paid the gst in 3b this month for the old invoice?? 

CMA Poornima Madhava

CMA Poornima Madhava (CMA)     20 July 2021

Yes, you may raise a new invoice for the difference amount of tax and include this transaction in the returns for the subsequent tax period.
1 Like
Mackie

Originally posted by : CMA Poornima Madhava
Yes, you may raise a new invoice for the difference amount of tax and include this transaction in the returns for the subsequent tax period.

Thanks Poornima! Can I also raise a revised invoice with the details of earlier invoice mentioned and with all the calculations including amount charged minus actual amount and then charge the difference amount with gst? would this b called revised invoice or a supplementary invoice?

Sateesh Kumar

Sateesh Kumar   20 July 2021

Yes you can revise invoice
1 Like
CMA Poornima Madhava

CMA Poornima Madhava (CMA)     20 July 2021

You may mention just the difference of tax and this would be a supplementary invoice or debit note.
1 Like
Mackie

thnks Poornima, Sateesh & Sourav! 

Mackie

Originally posted by : CMA Poornima Madhava
You may mention just the difference of tax and this would be a supplementary invoice or debit note.

One more query: While filing gstr1 next month, where do I mention details of this supplementary invoice? Under normal outward supplies or under debit notes? 

Pankaj Rawat

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner)     20 July 2021

Need to report under debit Note Section.

Note : you can even amend that invoice in your subsequent return in GSTR 1, the increase tax liability will automatically get reflected in GSTR 3B also.
1 Like
Mackie

Mackie (Entrepreneur )     21 July 2021

Originally posted by : Pankaj Rawat
Need to report under debit Note Section. Note : you can even amend that invoice in your subsequent return in GSTR 1, the increase tax liability will automatically get reflected in GSTR 3B also.

thanks for the guidance pankaj. Read about the amendment part.  So basically I can raise the invoice with the same invoice number but with correct amount to the client and while filing GSTR1 next month can edit the invoice under amend B2B invoice and pay the additional tax. Hope I understood you right. 

Pankaj Rawat

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner)     21 July 2021

Yes correct.

Note : But kindly check that No Eway has been generated for that invoice earlier.
Else need to issue debit note only.
Mackie

Mackie (Entrepreneur )     21 July 2021

Originally posted by : Pankaj Rawat
Yes correct. Note : But kindly check that No Eway has been generated for that invoice earlier. Else need to issue debit note only.

Sorry but how do I check about eway generation? From the accounts team of our client? Sorry not aware of eway and how it works. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags