CFA Eligibility...plz help

Student - IPCC

Hii,

I am currently in FYBcom

I'll be appearing in my Final Year University Exams in April'13.

I have read the eligibility criteria at the CFA institute Website...but got lil confused.

It says "Final year of graduation at the time of registering"

So i just wanna know when CAN i appear in CFA L1 Exam...Dec'12, June'13 or Dec'13...??

Please clear my doubt.

Thankyou

Harsh

Hi Sir/mam,

Sir iam a student of Icai and given Ipcc exams .I want to know that whats the eligibility to register for the CFA course,and is this the right time for pursuing it or it should be opted after final exams or along with the ca final.

Thanx

Jaideep

student - CA, CFA

Hi Harsh and Jaideep,

First I get along with Harsh's question... Harsh, I assume your Final year would begin from June/July 2012. The eligibility for CFA Program offered by CFAI, US demands you to be atleast in the final year of your Bachelor's program. This means you may freely appear for Dec 2012 examinations. Best of luck for that... !

Now for Jaideep.... It's good that you wish to appear for CFA examinations but the eligibility demamds you to be atleast in the Final year of your Bachelors degree programme. I suppose, IGNOU has some kind of MoU with ICAI and it treats IPCC passed students as having completed graduation after an examination which the university conducts every year. So If you are not at all registered in any bachelors degree programme please contact IGNOU in this regard for attaining a Bachelors degree without which you will not be eligible for CFA Examinations.

Total likes : 2 times

Student - IPCC

Thanks a lot sir for your help

student - CA, CFA

Harsh .... You call anybody Sir a person whom you learn something from ... I suppose I am not right now in such a position ... Call me Chirag instead ... Are we cool :)

Do notify me if you need Schweser 2011 notes for level 1. I may provide you the same.

Student - IPCC

Okay...am cool with that Chirag.

And right now am preparing for my IPCC May'11 exams...will notify you for the notes once i clear it.

Thanks a lot for your concern and help.

i jst want to know that is cfa has any centres in delhi

student - CA, CFA

Yes, CFA Institute has alotted New Delhi as a centre for L1 exams in India. Other centres in India are Chennai, Bengaluru, Kolkata and Mumbai. Centes in India are alotted only after a judicial verdict issued by the Delhi High court every 6 months. This is due to a conflict concerning CFA Institute and ICFAI.

Audit Senior Assistant

is there any requirement of work experience to get eligible for CFA or being graduated is enough.?

student - CA, CFA

To appear for the exam (level 1), one needs to be atleast in the final year of his/her bachelors or must have atleast a 4 yrs of professional exp.

you will earn your charter once you have obtained 4+ years of experience in investment industry (even if you have passed all the exams).

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU