Capital gain on sale of property

I have sold a residential flat recently which gave a long term capital gain of Rs.26L. I have 3 other residential flats also in my name bought from own savings and 1 flat in joint title through housing loan. Please advice, can I save this capital gain of 26L by investing in another residential property in my name? I have so far never availed any exemption from sale of any property.

Replies (3)
As you have other house properties in your name, you can take exemption from capital gain u/s 54 EC by investing the amount in specified bonds but there are restrictions like amount must be invested within 6 mths from date of transfer.

 54 EC and 54EE

Please find this https://finotax.com/income-tax/info/cg-deductions

I understand one can save LTCG by investing in one more residential property (section 54) I believe this is applicable in one property only and  since I have never taken this advantage, can I take now by purchasing another res prop?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details