Cancellation of GST registration

I have migrated from Service tax to GST on 1july 2017 and submitted all the docs for registration thinking that migration was mandatory. I have been allotted GSTIN no. Since my income from business is far below the GST exemption limit I have applied for cancellation of the provisional registration allotted to me on 27. 10.2017 by submitting Form REG 29 online( date on which the cancellation option was made available on the portal). Immediately I got a mail confirming cancellation of GST provisional registration, subject to verification by jurisdictional authority. Subsequently my GST profile was also disabled by the system. Since I have not issued any invoices during period till cancellation application I have not submitted GST returns. Now I have been asked to submit returns till Feb 2018. kindly clarify the legal position / procedure s to be followed.
Anticipating an early reply
Dileep
Replies (1)

You will have to file Nil Return since month of registration till cancellation of registration if there are no transactions in that period.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details