Easy Office

Can someone answer this qiz

Page no : 2

SIJU VARGHESE (CA FINAL STUDENT) (172 Points)
Replied 09 December 2012

It’s Rs.1000/-.

Money taken from the next shop             Rs.1000/-

Less: Amt kept by the shop keeper        Rs.200/-

Therefore, cash loss is Rs.                     Rs.800/- (Amount paid to the lady)

Add: Value of goods given to lady           Rs.200/-

So, Total loss is                                         Rs.1000/- (Obliged to pay to the next shop by the Shopkeeper)

1 Like

Prasanth Nair V (ACA,ACS,CWA Final,Mcom) (557 Points)
Replied 09 December 2012

Total Loss = INR 1000, being the 200 worth goods given, and 800 cash paid back to the lady.

the transaction between shopkeepers is only for confusing and the asnwer wont change even if its assumed that A himself gave the change.

1 Like

Rajkiran Sattigeri (Article Trainee) (25 Points)
Replied 09 December 2012

2000/- should be the right answer!

Sonia M Ketkar (B.com CA DISA(ICA) Pursuing CS)   (625 Points)
Replied 09 December 2012

The actual loss is Rs.1000/-

Rs. 1000/- returned back to the shopkeeper in replace of fake note, is the money which was taken in exchange initially from the shopkeeper. so no loss

Rs. 800/- returned back to the customer in cash and Rs. 200/- in kind which includes a margin of profit

hence the actual loss in maximum Rs. 1000/-

Rajkiran Sattigeri (Article Trainee) (25 Points)
Replied 09 December 2012

Yea its 1000! n nt 2000...

mohit kumar (student) (126 Points)
Replied 09 December 2012

Lets take a simple funda to solve this puzzle............

Forget about any amount received from Madam ji. Because the note which she has given of no value...... So, Better assume ki kuch nahi diya....... Ab Bechaara Dukaandar apne sath vale dost k paas gaya aur kaha bhai ek 1000 hazaar ka note to dene ka kasht karo zara...... Usne nikaal ke de diya...... Dukaandaar daur k Madam ji k paas pahucha........... Madam ji aise business running spirit ko dekhkar hui khush...... cheekyMadam ji ko diya 800 + Muft mein diya 200 ki sari........... smileySo My dear friends what can conclude from the above stated story is that now the Bechaara Dukaandar is down with an amount 800+200+1000 which he has to pay back to his great friend who blindly believed that the note is genuine just because he had faith in his friend's transaction's............. Kya kare bhai "Kyunki har ek friend zaroori hota h"............... Total Loss amounts to Rs. 2000.00 Thank you............. yes

C.A. Rahul Kaushik (Job) (923 Points)
Replied 09 December 2012

rs. 200 ka goods bhi chala gaya
aur 200 rs bhi nahin aaya

therefore loss = 1200

VISHU RAJPUT (Article Assistant & CA Final)   (489 Points)
Replied 09 December 2012

As per AS1concept of prudence loss should be recognised whn any possibilty eixst and here the Loass amount is Rs.2000 becauase of following point

Shop keeper return  to custmer                                      RS 800

goods worth                                                                        Rs 200

and has to pay 800 to other shopkeeper                      Rs 1000

CA Srikanth Yadav (Chartered Accountant) (3162 Points)
Replied 09 December 2012

It's a little confusing!!! But I'm sure the answer is Rs. 1200/-

(i) Rs. 200 worth of goods given to the lady and

(ii) Rs. 1000 fake note!!!

However, there are chances that the fake note can be, somehow, made to use for purchasing something and getting away with it.

So the loss in that case will be only Rs. 200/-

Yogesh Bhandari (CA FINAL Student) (429 Points)
Replied 09 December 2012

I think the loss should be Rs. 1000/- i.e, Cash sale of Rs. 200 worth of goods sold Rs. 200 Loss of cash on account of fake note Rs. 1000

CA CHETAN GUPTA (CA) (588 Points)
Replied 09 December 2012

Hello Everyone !!

I have already given the Correct Answer above and that is Rs.1000/-.

Now, All are trying to give Different answers viz. 200/-, 1200/-, 1800/- & 2000/-.

And I DONT CARE if Anyone Criticizes Me BUT I must Say Now that,-

"You Guys Answering Wrongly should be Ashamed of being a Chartered Acountant, if U cant answer this Question or Understand it after having the Correct Solution given above"

Thanks

Replied 09 December 2012

Originally posted by : Chetan Gupta

Hello Everyone !!

Now, All are trying to give Different answers viz. 200/-, 1200/-, 1800/- & 2000/-.

"You Guys Answering Wrongly should be Ashamed of being a Chartered Acountant, if U cant answer this Question or Understand it after having the Correct Solution given above"

Thanks

Dear friend,

There is a loss of Rs. 200 worth of goods and also there is an additional loss of Rs 1000, in the form of fake note!

So its 1200 man!!!

Replied 09 December 2012

Originally posted by : Chetan Gupta

Hello Everyone !!

Thanks

Dear chetan gupta, don’t be so rude its all been on the interpretation, some people interpret gently while others somehow understand slowly. It’s all been on interpretation, don't recognise other people intelligence on the basis of this quiz.

Replied 09 December 2012

Dear Shrikant, you consider well the facts but why you do not acknowledge the fact of retaining of Rs. 200 by the shopkeeper on account of sale. He did not make any free sale, he sold the goods worth of Rs. 200 for cash of Rs. 200 (so, no profit no loss). But, there is a loss of cash of Rs. 1000/- which the seller bears on account of fake note .

Replied 09 December 2012

Originally posted by : Yogesh Bhandari
why you do not acknowledge the fact of retaining of Rs. 200 by the shopkeeper on account of sale. He did not make any free sale, he sold the goods worth of Rs. 200 for cash of Rs. 200.

Yup, he didn't make a free sale. But what he sold was rewarded with a fake note of Rs. 1000. And the other shopkeeper, who has given change, will collect Rs. 1000 back from him.

So Rs, 200 worth of goods are rewarded with nothing.

And the Rs, 1000 fake note is lying with him, now, which is not of any value, unless any he plays any tricks.

Please sit in the chair of the shopkeeper and then try to interprete. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro