Can I Claim 100% ITC when GSTR1 not FILED by suppler

The Supplier says GSTR1 filing for March 2021 will GET DELAYED (not sure why) and asked me to go ahead and CLAIM 100% INPUT TAX CREDIT on his INVOICE. He says it will get MATCHED when he uploads my invoice and files GSTR1.

As per the new rules I can only claim 105% of ITC available on GSTR2A (which is 2000, so its 2100) whereas the amount of GST as per INVOICE is around 7000. 

GST on the above mentioned INVOICE = Rs.7000 
Total ITC available on other invoices as per GSTR2A = Rs. 2000 (105% of GSTR2A is 2100)
Instead of Rs.7000 I'll be able to CLAIM only Rs.100.
What about Rs.6900?

Will Rs.7000 appear in the next GSTR2A as and when the SUPPLIER files GSTR1 
Can ITC be claimed in the next quarter (Apr-Jun21) considering the supplier would have filed GSTR1 by then.

 

Replies (10)
Quick Summary
This discussion addresses the common issue of claiming Input Tax Credit (ITC) when a supplier delays filing their GSTR1. While the new rules limit ITC claims to 105% of what appears in GSTR2A, advice suggests claiming the full amount in the subsequent quarter once the supplier's GSTR1 is filed and the ITC reflects in GSTR2B. It also touches upon claiming previously unclaimed ITC from past periods, provided invoices are available and reconciliations are done.

Yes you can claim ITC upto 105% of ITC available

Dear Sourav, Thanks for the reply. 
I have edited my question, please check it and let me know if I can CLAIM Rs.7000 instead of just Rs.100, because the SUPPLIER is going to file GSTR1 by next month. 

To be on the safer side claim only 2000 in march and claim remaining 7000 in april

Yes you an claim GST credit upto 105%. In your case you will only be able to claim Rs. 100 in this case.

Further when the supplier will the GSTR 1 then the ITC will reflect in GSTR 2A of March 2021 but it will reflect in GSTR 2B in the month of filing i.e., GSTR 2B of April

It is better that you claim the entire input against this supplier in April after it reflects in GSTR 2B

Thanks a lot Altamush Zafar & Puja. I'll do as you say. Claim entire ITC of that invoice in the next quarter (Apr-Jun21)
I have another query..
as per TAX LIABILITY & ITC STATEMENT SUMMARY, I have not claimed ITC on many instances (months), the reason being these did not reflect in the respective month's GSTR2A, can I claim them NOW. 

 


 

Yes you can claim ITC provided you have the invoices and also make proper reconcilitations

Thanks for the prompt reply @ Atamush Zafar.
Yes I have all the INVOICES (soft copies). 
 

I am getting this message when I entered anything more that is available in GSTR2B for the quarter (Jan-Mar21).
"The information entered by you in cells highlighted in red is in variance with the auto-populated data in table 4A. The input tax credit has been auto-populated based on the GSTR-2B generated for you. Also, please note that any variance above 5% of the input tax credit is in contravention to Rule 36(4) of the CGST Rules, 2017. Kindly recheck and proceed."
Can I still CLAIM all the unclaimed ITCs as per ITC SUMMARY (2020-2021)

Yes, you can claim. I suggest all unclaimed ITC should be claimed in March, if you have sufficient explanation.

Ok. Thanks for the reply. 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details