Can a replacement of partner in a partnership with 2 partners be made to retail pan card

Dear Sir,

We applied and have a PAN card in the name of a Partnership firm and had 2 partners. Now one partner has taken a retirement from the firm and moved on. What I would like to know is -

  1. Since the only one partner (myself) left in the firm, the constitution of the firm would change to proprietary. So, what happens to my PAN card taken in name of partnership firm?
  2. We had registered our firm under GST and have a GST number with the PAN card of partnership firm. So, in that case, I guess, my GST registration would also change. Am I right?
  3. If I add another partner in place of the retired one, if I can, can my PAN and GST registration be retained and I continue with transactions with same registrations? Or both, PAN and GST will still need to be replaced?

Regards,

Jayant.

Replies (2)
A partnership firm requires atleast two partners, in the above two cases, the firm will stand dissolved as a separate legal entity. You need to continue in your own name (own PAN and GSTIN) accordingly.

However, in case one partner is added, it will not lead to dissolution but only reconstitution and hence the PAN and GSTIn of firm as a separate entity can be continued

Thanks Mr Rohit Jain for your valuable reply.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details