Easy Office
LCI Learning

Calculation of Salary on 30 days basis or 31 days basis for a regular staff

Page no : 4

Vikram Paswan (Accountant) (37 Points)
Replied 13 February 2024

Dear all,

I simply tried to understand the calculation of salary of a regular staff if he joins an organization in any particular date. As I joined on 8th January, they gave be salary for 24 days. That is okay. 

But they calculated on the basis of 31 days. A regular employee's salary would be different if you calculate on the basis of 28/29/30/31 as per month days. It means he will get different salary in different months.

But if we do in 30 days basis, his salary will remain same irrespective of the months.

30 days calculation was justified by my friend in SBI, then by a qualified CA also.

But the problem is that I am not getting a valid proof to show that 30 days calculation is universal.

Hope to get it soon.

Replied 13 February 2024

Dear all,

I simply tried to understand the calculation of salary of a regular staff if he joins an organization in any particular date. As I joined on 8th January, they gave be salary for 24 days. That is okay. 

But they calculated on the basis of 31 days. A regular employee's salary would be different if you calculate on the basis of 28/29/30/31 as per month days. It means he will get different salary in different months.

But if we do in 30 days basis, his salary will remain same irrespective of the months.

30 days calculation was justified by my friend in SBI, then by a qualified CA also.

But the problem is that I am not getting a valid proof to show that 30 days calculation is universal.

Hope to get it soon.

Replied 13 February 2024

Dear all,

Hope to get it soon.

CA Rashmi Gandhi (Chartered Accountant) (86285 Points)
Replied 13 February 2024

30 days calculation is not universal. Standard calculation is by days in month

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: