Calculation Of Interest On Late Payment Of T.D.S. ?

Sanjivkumar Shah (Account Manager) (286 Points)

04 February 2008  

Hi Friends,

1. I am facing problem in calcualtion of interest on late payment of T.D.S.

2. lets take the example on maonthly basis : - 

A. I have passed journal entry for deduction of T.D.S. u/s 194A for the month of 7th  Apr'07 which has to be deposited into govt. treasury by the 7th May'2007 but i haven't deposited into the bank / govt. treasury till feb'2008. so how do i calculate the interest for late payment of T.D.S.?

B. I have passed journal entry for deduction of T.D.S. u/s 194A for the month of 7th  May'07 which has to be deposited into govt. treasury by the 7th June'07 but i haven't deposited into the bank / govt. treasury till feb'2008. so how do i calculate the interest for late payment of T.D.S.?

C. I have passed journal entry for deduction of T.D.S. u/s 194A for the month of 7th  June'07 which has to be deposited into govt. treasury by the 7th July'07 but i haven't deposited into the bank / govt. treasury till feb'2008. so how do i calculate the interest for late payment of T.D.S.?

D. I have passed journal entry for deduction of T.D.S. u/s 194A for the month of 7th  July'07 which has to be deposited into govt. treasury by the 7th Aug'07 but i haven't deposited into the bank / govt. treasury till feb'2008. so how do i calculate the interest for late payment of T.D.S.?

The above mentioned case goes on till Feb'2008.

Can anyone help me in calculation of interest on late payment of T.D.S. or otherwise provide me excel file for calculation of interest on late payment of T.D.S.?

Please treat this case as very urgent.

Regards 

Sanjivkumar Shah