Easy Office

CA vs ICWA

Page no : 6

charanteja.nsr (ACMA and BCOM) (818 Points)
Replied 15 March 2011

Originally posted by : Krishna

y would i even fight with this guy?.. i find this whole thing funny and having a good time making this guy sorry!

yes man ...ur corrects ... Lets stop this hope this is the last post for this thread ....

Tax pundit (FCA, AICWA,LL.B., DISA) (106 Points)
Replied 29 May 2011

Hi guys,

I am a qualified CA, ICWA, DISA , a law graduate and am practising as a Chartered Accountant. I have academic interest also, having written several reference books on direct taxes for the CTR Encyclopedia.

There is something to learn in each of the courses, CA and ICWA. If you want to learn more in Cost Accounting areas, ICWA is certainly better than CA. Ofcourse the practical exposure in CA is more. As a consequence, a student who has cleared CA Final is likely to have more practical experience as compared to one who has passed ICWA. The employer selects the candidate based on the job requirements. So just from salary paid to two guys, you cannot say which course is better: CA or OCWA.

I do not agree with Mr.Phani that he is just an average student. I see that he has cleared CA Inter. He has to be better than an average student. I agree with Ms Gayathri that passing ICWA is not as simple as Mr Phani says. I am sure that if Mr. Phani prepares for just 15 days for ICWA, he will not get through.

Each course certainly has its own value.

2 Like

harsh (Manager) (22 Points)
Replied 29 July 2011

guys guys guys...

i find this thread disappointing in the way many ppl talk of attitude et al... while the courses being pursued are called 'professional'...

i am an engineer making handsome money in a psu, but who is pursung his dreams in accounting domain since his hopes on b.com crashed...

this said, i must say that anyone must pursue the course  they LIKE.

so, @ Phani : If don't like CWA, dont give a damn, coz we the world don't to your opinion either. But promise yourself one thing, that you pursue that course which you have a FLAIR for, which you like.

My sincere advice : you should have a knack for CWA actually, if anything you talk makes sense. Else, you are taking the learnings at CWA as inferior while attempting a subordinate level compared to the CA ( I remember you are a CA-Final Group 1 pass ). It's lke promising my KinderGarten pass at first attempt while attempt my engineering. That childish.

And for all those who support professionality over thermometer-like degrees, kudos.

Coming to me, personally I wanted to do accounting and not engineering. so its been 6 years of keeping that flame alive before I cud get back to it.

As for Ca or Cwa, i dont want to discuss which is better. Because I dont care about the difficulty levels.

All I worried was to look out for that course that tests my FLAIR for my PASSION, not security, careers, practice and stuff. ( I am already well-settled in middle exec position in a PSU ).

CWA gave me that oppurtunity, purely on the course content. Not CA. Not that I find Fin. Analysis difficult, it is a common subject on both courses, but because I find Costing relevant to my tastes.

I took the botheration to register in this club and tell you all about my story because I wanted to pursue excellence in MY domain, not one imposed on me because I cleared one of the toughest engineering exams in the country.

To all who love ACCOUNTING, Greetings ! To the rest who love money, jobs, career security and such, my best wishes are with you, for I hope you will see me as competition and thus help me reach greater heights in areas of my taste.

And most importantly, I hate to see ppl showing off all attitude upon having cleared different levels of CA or CWA or any such. Personally, I will look out for such ppl and kick their * given an oppurtunity. NO OFFENCE MENTIONED. Sorry moderators.

My advice : choose your area wisely, and choose to excel. Any air of arrogance upon just earning a degree or charter OR / AND clearing exams is not deemed "PROFESSIONAL" in today's world. Good Luck.

@ Subramanya : You are on my list buddy ! May God hear you !

Shashidhar Reddy.K (Employee) (26 Points)
Replied 17 August 2011

Dear Phani,

Don't come to conclusion only after going through the last two three attempts of ICWA result. Infact ICWA has increased the passing rate tremendously (see last three attempts) to encourage more enrolments and now registrations are record high in 2011. But this is temporary, if you see the past result even CA qualifieds have struggled to clear CWA inter (its fact). Also check the link https://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090610002705AA2GCrJ  

Based on the requirement the result will be fluctuating, even CA result was 3 to 4% three attempts before and now its over 20%.

And coming to opportunities CA/CWA both have equal preference in the industry (ofcourse in manufacturing CWA is king). Now Cost accounting stds have become mandatory and CMA's role is increasing day by day. The only dissappointing thing is that CA always lobby the other institutes thinking that they may dominate it (eg: Name change of ICMA).

My final conclusion is that instead of doing comparision, concentrate on acquiring knowledge to get a desired job.

Thanks,

Shashi (M.Com, AICWA)

(Guest)

IF CWA is very very easy, then why CA pass % is 200% 300% (2 to three times) more than ICWA?.

I am not speaking about number of people passsing , IT IS ABOUT PASS%.

/forum/icwa-articleship-training-vs-ca-articleship-training-81612.asp?1=1&offset=1

But , if you consider ICWAI the associate membership will be given if the candidate passes Final course of ICWAI and possesses three years of responsible experience. Definitely becoming Associate of ICWAI is difficult and worthy compared to three years of articles experience. 

If we compare the required three years of experience for Associate Membership in ICAI and ICWAI 
(a) In case of Articles of ICAI specific responsibility is not fixed on person (student) , but in case of ICWAI ( the candidate is mostly employee) the three years of experience is in a job where job responsibility is fixed. 
(b) most of the times, in ICWAI the person works and deals in the system of an industry where management practices and finance functionals are present and he learns industry, management and finance practices. 
(c ) The article ship experience is an experience gained as a student , i.e. . Normally understanding or working with half or zero knowledge(they are beginers in learning). In case of ICWAI the three years of experience is with in job responsibility . If it is experience as semi qualified of fully qualified , then it is the experience gained with sound subject understanding. 

So in case of ICWA , the knowledge gained is more worthy and sound. The depth and scope of learning is more before becoming Associate Member in ICWAI compared to CA.

For better quality in education and knowledge , ICWAI should not think about introducing article ship in its course.

ICAI ALSO SHOULD SERIOUSLY RE-THINK ABOUT ITS ARTICLES AND PROCEDURE OF ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP . IT SHOULD EITHER AVOID ARTICLES OR SHOULD FOLLOW THE PRACTICES OF ICWAI FOR ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP.

Unfortunately , I heard from some professionals saying "ICWAIs are not fit for higher positions in finance , they know only costing , but nothing about accounts and taxation.. ICWAI is very very easy". ( compare pass % of their course with other) If an illiterate speaks like this , then it is OK. But how a qualified person is so ignorant about ICWAI?. Didn't his education give that much of minimum knowledge to have an idea about other professions? They should not be like frog in the well. Is it his ignorance OR lack of proper literacy ( lesser standard of education) OR arrogance that makes him an unfit manager?

(Guest)

IF CWA is very very easy, then why CA pass % is 200% 300% (2 to three times) more than ICWA?.

I am not speaking about number of people passsing , IT IS ABOUT PASS%.

/forum/icwa-articleship-training-vs-ca-articleship-training-81612.asp?1=1&offset=1

But , if you consider ICWAI the associate membership will be given if the candidate passes Final course of ICWAI and possesses three years of responsible experience. Definitely becoming Associate of ICWAI is difficult and worthy compared to three years of articles experience. 

If we compare the required three years of experience for Associate Membership in ICAI and ICWAI 
(a) In case of Articles of ICAI specific responsibility is not fixed on person (student) , but in case of ICWAI ( the candidate is mostly employee) the three years of experience is in a job where job responsibility is fixed. 
(b) most of the times, in ICWAI the person works and deals in the system of an industry where management practices and finance functionals are present and he learns industry, management and finance practices. 
(c ) The article ship experience is an experience gained as a student , i.e. . Normally understanding or working with half or zero knowledge(they are beginers in learning). In case of ICWAI the three years of experience is with in job responsibility . If it is experience as semi qualified of fully qualified , then it is the experience gained with sound subject understanding. 

So in case of ICWA , the knowledge gained is more worthy and sound. The depth and scope of learning is more before becoming Associate Member in ICWAI compared to CA.

For better quality in education and knowledge , ICWAI should not think about introducing article ship in its course.

ICAI ALSO SHOULD SERIOUSLY RE-THINK ABOUT ITS ARTICLES AND PROCEDURE OF ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP . IT SHOULD EITHER AVOID ARTICLES OR SHOULD FOLLOW THE PRACTICES OF ICWAI FOR ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP.

Unfortunately , I heard from some professionals saying "ICWAIs are not fit for higher positions in finance , they know only costing , but nothing about accounts and taxation.. ICWAI is very very easy". ( compare pass % of their course with other) If an illiterate speaks like this , then it is OK. But how a qualified person is so ignorant about ICWAI?. Didn't his education give that much of minimum knowledge to have an idea about other professions? They should not be like frog in the well. Is it his ignorance OR lack of proper literacy ( lesser standard of education) OR arrogance that makes him an unfit manager?

LET ALL CAs do ICWA and ALLOW ALL CWA to do CA without articleship and see

Ashwin (Asst Manager - Budgeting)   (24 Points)
Replied 28 September 2011

As per my observation and experience ICWA is much tougher than CA.

Job of Management accounting is not a read and do job like Tax accountant's job.

Pass % is very low in ICWA , not 40% like CA.

1 Like

CA CMA Subasish Patra (CWA,CA + CS executive ) (75 Points)
Replied 23 October 2011

The only thing is the difference in valuation of paper and your luck in which attempt you are writing. IF you do one course then it will be easier for you to do another course related to earlier course, whether it is CA or CWA both way holds good.

conclusion

comparision is waste of time .Choose right profession based on your ambition.IF you are interested in cost management and indirest taxes go for CWA. if you are interested in   taxation ,audit go for CA .FOR CS any how related to corporate law and secretarial practices.

Pay depends upon your talent, negotion with interviewrs, company/industry you are preferring.indecision

MANTRA OF SUCCESS-Do all the three courses.wink

K.R.P (As accountant) (22 Points)
Replied 03 November 2011

Last month during the Audit in reputed firm. One leading Ca firms told to us CA institute facing With Unmatured CA 's in Market,,,

Its prove above disscussion realy its big trubble for Ca institute.  From  bothside students as wll as in market ... Please dont underestimate to other profession ....

Sepcialy those who"s think CWA is like play group  or dam easy ...

Regards,

CMA.

Minu Sharma (Artcle) (286 Points)
Replied 03 November 2011

Originally posted by : LKR ~ CA !!

Oh come on now.. stop comparin between 2 different courses.. both have their own scope.. and ur comparing the pay pack of 2 courses, i request u to compare u the KNOWLDEGE, SKILLS etc between both.. There are people workin in Infy who have just completed 12th but are gettin a pay of 75k per month too.. Communication Skills, Interest, Passion, Goal are the other things to be seen.. 

(Guest)

Bhai Phani ji

ICWA itna hi easy to aap jaise brilliant student ko ICWA nhi karna chahiye,  kamzor students k saath aap nainsaafi kar rahe hain,Aap to bina padhe hi ICWA ( Final) pass kar lenge to aisi padai se kya fayada, mujhe pata hai kal aap CA coursr ko bhi gaali deinge, PLZ aap jaise brilliant student ko IAS ya NDA join kar lena chahiye. Average Students k liye CA CS CWA rahne dijiye...................

K.R.P (As accountant) (22 Points)
Replied 03 November 2011

Hey Rashid Message ko achi tarah paddo phir comment karo... Yar i m with CWA yar...

(Guest)

Mr. K.R.P.  maine Mr. Phani k msg per comment kiya hai.

kamlesh (CMA & CS final) (96 Points)
Replied 12 March 2012

I just want to bring the % of pass students in case of ICWA. ICWA institute not making show off by declaring % of stuents passed. But if u compare the last 2 yrs result, then u found that CA result is too good than ICWA. Now i m giving u no of complete pass canditaes in Dec,2011 term exam.

Final=653

Inter=3071

1 Like

CA. RAVIKUMAR (Chartered accountant) (1589 Points)
Replied 12 March 2012

Please Stop comparing with two equalized Professional courses. both the courses have there own value.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: