Easy Office
LCI Learning

CA vs ICWA

Page no : 4

(Guest)

And by the way.. phani.. if u really clear ICWA with a rank .. i will be the first person to feel happy for u.... not as a co-student.. but as friend... 

good luck buddy....

1 Like

CA Ravi Sisodia (CA,CS,CMA) (32226 Points)
Replied 10 March 2011

Originally posted by : subramanya bhagirath k
Thank you ravi Sir... i welcome ur concern as a CA... 
And about Phani's post.... hear are my views...
My dear Phani and for all those who are studying for money....
I was infact wondering ... It is pathetic that people are studying for Money...(not all ... atleast not myself..) 
Please don't compare knowledge to money... money is required to live but don't make money as life...
wat is the darn use of becoming a CA without proving to the world that u are a true professional...
Still our Indian CA course is second in the world.. CWA and CS i don't know which rank it stands...
Why don't we the young generation try and strive to make our accounting proffession the best in the world... 
No one is going to remember a CA who earns some 50 to 75 lakhs per annum...
But people remember the CA who has shown some professionalism in the work...
The good example is Mr. T.N.Manoharan Sir.. He was awarded Padma Sri ... not for earning some 50 to 75 lakhs but for his service as a CA to the nation and the ICAI...
I dont have to speacially say about the boon he has given to us " SWP-Direct tax laws " for students....
So.. as a good friend i request you not study to prove something but please study to learn something...
Moreover education is not a child's play... it is the key of becoming a MAN from a CHILD... hope u will turn into a MAN...

My apologies if i am rude in conveying the message i meant... but i really mean it....

very well said

Ankit Somani (CA CS) (144 Points)
Replied 10 March 2011

It really depends upon one's own skill & talent.

Mere therotical knowledge is not enough.

Both inst. have pract. training & other prog.Also personality grooming r also incl. in trainings,

So it totally depends upon candidate in which field one is going to make career.

1 Like

BALASUBRAMANYA B Npro badge (CCI STUDENT....) (44666 Points)
Replied 10 March 2011

Agree with ravi sir, dont know what they want to prove in CCI...

Told already CA and CWA r good course in there respective courses, but  CA is more scope than cwa so every one give life to clear CA, CA has more scope again depends how you u face the interview too....

Dont ever compare all professional courses, its all good in there respective fields..

1 Like

Devadas K S (One life one Dream) (3525 Points)
Replied 10 March 2011

CA = CWA = CS = KNOWLEDGE

CONCLUSION :

NO DIFFERENCE

Lalit Kumar (Vice President ) (2213 Points)
Replied 11 March 2011

Phani its good to have Confidence, but bad to have OVER Confidence..So dont be Over Confident and ya pls Mature.. At First Place Stop Comparing 2 different courses, secondly stop usin words like "CHILD's PLAY", Respect watever u study and Keep updating and sharing with other cos i believe tat "IF U HAVE A 1RE COIN AND IF I HAVE A RUPEE COIN AND IF WE EXCHANGE, WE STILL HAVE A COIN.. BUT IF U HAVE AN IDEA AND IF I HAVE AN IDEA AND IF WE EXCHANGE, WE HAVE 2 IDEAS EACH..!

CA phanikumar chebolu (B.com CMA (CS professional))   (556 Points)
Replied 11 March 2011

Dear LKR sir, once again telling u that mine is not Overconfidence...... 

Replied 11 March 2011

Originally posted by : subramanya bhagirath k

And by the way.. phani.. if u really clear ICWA with a rank .. i will be the first person to feel happy for u.... not as a co-student.. but as friend... 

good luck buddy....

Thank you very much sir

v@m$h! (CA - Final and CS - Final)   (1473 Points)
Replied 11 March 2011

@ phani kumar

CA and CWA curriculum have somethings in common.. U have already studied CA curriculum which is making CWA easy. I agree that CWA and CS papers are easy when compared to CA course but syllabi wise they are so diffcult. Coming to rank, u have given a statement that u will get rank in CWA Inter and u r writing CA final. Without preparation only so many hit rank who are in the STAGE OF CA FINAL in CWA inter. This doesnot make CWA easy. Just u have already studied CA curriculum which is making it easy.  

I want u to answer following questions

1. Have u joined CA and CS course only for salary???

2. Do u think these courses are only for passing the exams???

3. Do u have any long term view when u started these courses???

There are so many people who are not pursuing these courses and still earning lots of money, I think u can better try them rather comparing between CA, CS, CWA. Every course has its basic objective. The objective will differ from institute to institute. TRY FOR EXCELLENCE AND NOT JUST FOR PASSING OR SECURING A RANK. My friend did B COM HONS. and was placed in DE SHAW company for 9 LACS. Dont be misleaded by the startiing packages u get. Starting salary may be more but in the course of time ur salary may raise few times more because of job profiling etc.. 

Replied 11 March 2011

Originally posted by : v @ m$h!
@ phani kumar

CA and CWA curriculum have somethings in common.. U have already studied CA curriculum which is making CWA easy. I agree that CWA and CS papers are easy when compared to CA course but syllabi wise they are so diffcult. Coming to rank, u have given a statement that u will get rank in CWA Inter and u r writing CA final. Without preparation only so many hit rank who are in the STAGE OF CA FINAL in CWA inter. This doesnot make CWA easy. Just u have already studied CA curriculum which is making it easy.  

I want u to answer following questions

1. Have u joined CA and CS course only for salary???

2. Do u think these courses are only for passing the exams???

3. Do u have any long term view when u started these courses???

There are so many people who are not pursuing these courses and still earning lots of money, I think u can better try them rather comparing between CA, CS, CWA. Every course has its basic objective. The objective will differ from institute to institute. TRY FOR EXCELLENCE AND NOT JUST FOR PASSING OR SECURING A RANK. My friend did B COM HONS. and was placed in DE SHAW company for 9 LACS. Dont be misleaded by the startiing packages u get. Starting salary may be more but in the course of time ur salary may raise few times more because of job profiling etc.. 

Dear vamshi,

Even it is a public forum, I shared all my views above based on my personal experience even it hurt to anybody.. there is no imaginary part..

So, straight  away giving answers to  ur 3 questions only...

1. YES, i joined  CA in 2005, that time i dont knw anything abt CA... yes i joined only for gud salary...

note:ofcourse, aftr completing 1st year in CA, then only my mindset has changed, i realised that CA is not only for gud salary.

2. NO.. these courses r not only for passing exams... there are "n" number of objectives behind this.,

bt bt bt...even u become master in subject and if u dont pass CA u will not be equl to CA only(u will remain under CA)..

3. NO, I dint have any long term view when i started these courses.... bt i confirmed only one aspect that CA demand never decrease, can earn lots of money if we cmplete this course.....  thats all... get started even without knowing 10% details abt the course...

These all are my answers to ur questions... ---------- No offense pls.

CS Ambrish (Comp-Secretary) (175 Points)
Replied 11 March 2011

these comments and feedbacks wud show ...and prove that .....nobody shud compare any of these prof courses...coz TIME N AGAIN ...THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT ...IN THEIR OWN WAYS ...as simple as that ..no course is inferior to any or superior to any its jus the status of the prof world ....plss get that in ur heads those who the mind set of comparing these courses ...if someone does so ultimately even if   can  clear the exams ...wudn settle in a stable life i assure...so CHUCK OUT THIS COMPARING ATTITUDE

Madhura (CS Trainee) (461 Points)
Replied 11 March 2011

Salary depends on Negotiation power, I know one case where Boss and subordinate had same salary coz boss could not negotiate for salary properly.

Work in profession which gives you work satisfaction, merely passing doesnt give you right to compare.

CA.ViVeK M ACA (ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT) (28544 Points)
Replied 11 March 2011

CA course as far as exam pattern aswell as passing % is different than other course.. The opportunity also differ.. But you must know a fact that those who had cleared the exam in First attempt than multiple attempt will give most priorities. Those who had taken multiple attempt and  cleared the exam in the young age have more priorities than others... Those who had taken multiple attempt and had qualified their CA after a certain age may be loose their bargaining power.

cma ravi tanwar (ca final) (106 Points)
Replied 11 March 2011

@ PHANI KUMAR

My dear friend, I have been watching your write ups for the last 2 days and initially I was supporting your concern regarding CWA course ,but now I have come to a point where I feel  that the topic is more about your ATTITUDE than CWA course.

Now ,I will try to justify my viewpoint to you:

My friend , the most important rule to be a successful person is to be HUMBLE.Look at our Prime Minister, he has got the best of the the best degrees under his belt and has been holding the best portfolios in various parliamentary regimes.Have you ever seen a sense of PRIDE on his face.

The second thing I want to propagate is RESPECT.You have just enrolled for cwa inter and without giving any attempt you are saying that it is DAMN easy &it is a CHILD’S play,it is very CHILDISH for you to utter these words.When you will finally qualify cwa,you will earn your bread and butter from this degree only.This I am saying  cos you have yourself written that you will settle with cwa even if ca kicks you.It is because of people like you CWA is not getting its due recognition.

The last thing I have observed is opposite to what other members are feeling.People are saying that you are overconfident but in reality you UNDERCONFIDENT.The simple logic can be drawn from your write up only where one can easily make out that you are NOT confident of clearing CA.

PLEASE DON’T TAKE MY OPINION OTHERWISE, IT IS FOR YOUR BENEFIT ONLY

1 Like

Replied 11 March 2011

Originally posted by : cma ravi tanwar

@ PHANI KUMAR

My dear friend, I have been watching your write ups for the last 2 days and initially I was supporting your concern regarding CWA course ,but now I have come to a point where I feel  that the topic is more about your ATTITUDE than CWA course.

Now ,I will try to justify my viewpoint to you:

My friend , the most important rule to be a successful person is to be HUMBLE.Look at our Prime Minister, he has got the best of the the best degrees under his belt and has been holding the best portfolios in various parliamentary regimes.Have you ever seen a sense of PRIDE on his face.

The second thing I want to propagate is RESPECT.You have just enrolled for cwa inter and without giving any attempt you are saying that it is DAMN easy &it is a CHILD’S play,it is very CHILDISH for you to utter these words.When you will finally qualify cwa,you will earn your bread and butter from this degree only.This I am saying  cos you have yourself written that you will settle with cwa even if ca kicks you.It is because of people like you CWA is not getting its due recognition.

The last thing I have observed is opposite to what other members are feeling.People are saying that you are overconfident but in reality you UNDERCONFIDENT.The simple logic can be drawn from your write up only where one can easily make out that you are NOT confident of clearing CA.

PLEASE DON’T TAKE MY OPINION OTHERWISE, IT IS FOR YOUR BENEFIT ONLY

Dear sir,

The fisrt thing....

our prime minister is very great and honourable.. no doubt about that...Everybody will agree that including me.. but if u think that i m pride, i cmpletely disagree with  u. u can't see even a sense of pride in my face also..

Nw the second thing,

Afre passing anycourse,  So many wil say that the course wch they passed is very easy and damn easy ... just take an example of CA studnt only, a CA final student says, ""CPT is very easy bt final is not like that...""

Everybody can giv any statement aftr passing their respective course...   so am not this type of category.. telling u inadvance at the time of registration itself...

Nw the third thing....

I will answer this aftr clearing CA final bt not nw... if i answer anything on this nw,  people drop some other comment on this.... nw i can say one thing that if i laeve CA, then i will agree that i m underconfident...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: