Easy Office

CA INSTITUTE NEW COACHING PROPOSALS..?

Page no : 2

Bala (Student) (498 Points)
Replied 26 May 2010

If it is mandatorily implemented., then according to me CA students would be completely under the control of the institute., which would be tough times ...,

CA Ravi Sisodia (CA,CS,CMA) (32226 Points)
Replied 26 May 2010

welcome proposal

Prateek (B.Com(H) PGDBA CA Final)   (436 Points)
Replied 26 May 2010

it would welcome only if they relax some other provisions in CA course structure

like Articleship or work exp like in case of CWA,transfer of articles,stipend etc etc

Rahul Gupta (Project Controller ACA MBA(Fin.))   (8014 Points)
Replied 26 May 2010

I don't think it is a wise solution. At least they should not make it compulsory, otherwise what is the difference between graduation and CA. In graduation also we have to attend classes, makes a specified % of atendance, and pass exams. The only difference wiil be atricleship and practical exposure in CA.

Suppose if the faculty and education methods of ICAI are not good, even then every student has to attend it for qualifying. It is wastage of their precious time and efforts. If it is so, then let ICAI introduce the classes and recomends, if they are really good, then students wiil come.

My personal point of view says that I am in favor of the classes, but at least they should not be compulsory.....

anil khatri (C.A.) (126 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

not a good proposal since in many centres IT Training & GMCS training are taking as a joke by brtanch/centre autorities, so what will be happen to this proposal is quite sure and future of profession will be going to hell

CA CS CIMA Prakash Somani (Landmark Group) (23502 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

If it can be done it would be in the good interest of all the CA students :)

CA CS CIMA Prakash Somani (Landmark Group) (23502 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

But if it made compulsary then it will be sad on students part.. further charging a large fee is not a good idea :)

Kalpesh Chauhan, (Tax Assistant (Accounting Technician CA FINAL CS PROF. PROG. B.Com))   (8310 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

IT IS NOT AT ALL A GOOD STEP.

IT IS SO BECAUSE IT WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE FOR EACH AND EVERY STUDENT TO AFFORD SUCH A HIGH FEES AND ALSO MOST OF PEOPLE IN INDIA BELONG TO MIDDLE CLASS AND AROUND 70% PEOPL;E LIVE BELOW POVERTY LINE.

FURTHER IT WOULD ALSO BE POSSIBLE THAT PEOPLE WILL HASITATE IN JOINING SUCH COURSE AS IT WILL CONCUME MORE TIME i.e COACHING+ARTICLESHIP= ????????.

WHEN A STUDENT WILL GET TIME TO STUDY OR REVISE???

I AM INVITING COMMENT ON MY THIS QUESTIONS.

Kalpesh Chauhan, (Tax Assistant (Accounting Technician CA FINAL CS PROF. PROG. B.Com))   (8310 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

IT IS NOT AT ALL A GOOD STEP.

IT IS SO BECAUSE IT WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE FOR EACH AND EVERY STUDENT TO AFFORD SUCH A HIGH FEES AND ALSO MOST OF PEOPLE IN INDIA BELONG TO MIDDLE CLASS AND AROUND 70% PEOPL;E LIVE BELOW POVERTY LINE.

FURTHER IT WOULD ALSO BE POSSIBLE THAT PEOPLE WILL HASITATE IN JOINING SUCH COURSE AS IT WILL CONCUME MORE TIME i.e COACHING+ARTICLESHIP= ????????.

WHEN A STUDENT WILL GET TIME TO STUDY OR REVISE???

I AM INVITING COMMENT ON MY THESE QUESTIONS.

1 Like

Bala (Student) (498 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

Sir, then it would be like contracting to be a slave for the institute for 3 and 1/2 yrs...

CA Archana (Mamager Finance & Accounts)   (365 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

My point is ....if such proposal comes then the students will have to have so many courses at the same time.....Graduation classes,aticaleship training,this ICAI compulsory classes    and in case these coaching by ICAI will not be of the required level then.......all the students will also be rushing for outside coaching.I don't know why we are making life so difficult for our own professional aspirents.

We all know the levels maintained by institute ......then one more thing even in school/college we always have good qualified lecturares but as all students are not same.....their grasping levels differs too.Why we are forcing the students to run in a crowed.In case a student wants to take a separate tutuion from the lecturare then from where he will get the time.

Already students are under so many pressure and day by day the personal touch from teachers to student is reduceing.Can Institute assure the no. of students they will take in a batch and how the progress of each students will be taken care of in every batch.
If not then as per me it will be a new source of earning for the Institue and a new boundation on students.

Then why they wants to discourage self study by making it compulsory.Many of the poor talents were coming to CA field just because they were able to afford the course and our Institute were fortunate to get the rural students talents too but now will they dare to join CA.......?

(Guest)

I dont think this gonna happen... Institute has to sort other issues before implementing this. It will clearly send a message of ignorance to students problems and increasing burden over them.

It might be good or bad, useful or not is not important right now!

Let's sort current issues of transfer and many other before giving support to this proposal.

Rahul Gupta (Project Controller ACA MBA(Fin.))   (8014 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

Absolutely agreed with Archana. If this hapens , then what is the difference between other regular couses where you also attend claases, have minimum attendance and pass exams. The only difference remains is articleship.

Also with this,  for CA many things will become compulsory like 100 hrs computer training, Artcileship, coaching, GMCS (now for 3 months is proposed). With so much eligibilities, even after that if students don't get the satsifactory coaching they have to go for private coaachings. So whats the use to make it compulsory. Let it be introduced, if students think they are worthy, they will come..but must not be compulsory..

Also, regarding fees, think of situation when CPT was introduced ofr 4 times a year, many students join the CA course and i think certainly majority of them have not completed their CA, now if u make classes compulsory for them, it feels like you are creating a trap for the students where students are required to pay 25,000 with no option to choose...

Nitin Moudgil (~) (694 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

it will be available in delhi only or it will be available in some selected parts???

CA Anshu Agarwal (B€ @LW@¥$ ]-[@Pp¥) (1832 Points)
Replied 29 May 2010

Originally posted by : balaji

If the institute can provide best coaching in a best atmosphere at affordable cost, then it is really a great boon to CA students....... But making it compulsory with attendance and all may not be practical as many students doing articleship may get engaged in outstation audits.... Otherwise it is a very good proposal...... Lets see wat happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: