Ca final...my first experience...waiting for result

VIRAJ MULAY (CA) (107 Points)

27 December 2013  

Year 2013 also about to end, the dawn of new year will bring the most shining moment of all students including me who gave CA final exam in Nov 2013.

Best wishes to all who appeared and waiting for the result.

I started my studies from March 2013 for both group, daily around 10 hours and for last two months around 14 hours a day. It was my first attempt so i talked to many seniors about exams, their guidance, how they prepared and so. I covered almost 95 % syllabus of all subjects (100% not possible in any case). Few topics or points which I could not understand I decided to leave and focus rather on what I have completed. I completed around 4 revisions of all subjects.

Days passed, back counting started I decided to give mock test of institute but there was no toughness I just gave 2 papers. No movies, no friends, no whatsapp for last 4 months, no facebook. left all. Finally the judgement day arrived which was supposed to never rise for me 5th Nov 2013. Accounts paper. Paper was at evening 2 clock, At 12 noon a friend of mine Atul called me and asked me R U PREPARED FOR EXAM?? Yes I said but nervous, then I asked him WHAT ABOUT YOU?? He just said one word EXEMPTION!! Whew…nervous..tensed..

Paper came in hand … BLOCKED. Started with goodwill question but took around 45 minutes to complete. Amalgamation took another 35 minutes. I was not just racing against time but also against my attempt and more sacrifice of my parents and expectations of friends. Managed to solve about 75 marks paper. After paper I just turned back and asked one sitting at my back how was the paper?? . it was tough for him also .Then realised that paper was tough for all whom i met. What a sigh of relief!!!

Next was MAFA, I prepared well for the paper. Accounts effect was clearly visible in the classroom some students did not gave next paper, some just got out after 1 hour so on. After Accounts I realised that if I had to clear 1st group a good score in MAFA was required. But the paper was really Tricky bouncer. First two papers which I supposed to score exemption went for just passing. I knew that audit was not scoring paper but I didn’t gave up like many students in my hall. I studied all in audit some from module (eg bank, spl audit). But paper was well. In audit institute asked 4 marks questions on small points. I prepared SA and SRS well which came in exam and I was sure for those marks.

Finally after first two disappointing papers there was smile on my face. (little bit).

LAW WAS A  FULLTOSS, HIT AS LONG AND AS HIGH AS YOU CAN. I was sure that law will be easy as the ICAI has to show some mercy!!!!

In law almost 70% questions were ready to be answered. Just pick the pen and write. That’s it, didn’t need to think much except 1 or 2 questions.

And Last paper made whole end sweet…

But battle was half fought… 2nd group was waiting for the fight.

Next paper COST , I would say ALIEN PAPER. You cannot predict weightage, question type, question marks, and the twist in the paper plus vastness of syllabus. OMG!!!

Paper in hand, most part was PRACTICAL application of THEORY rather than direct theory. But paper was Fine, managed to solve about 80 to 85 marks paper, I was satisfied.

One day leave for ISCA , immediately after cost paper I revised IDT case laws, as there was no leave for IDT. ISCA a parrot paper. YES INDEED!!. Can be attempted by anyone who can mug up than understand. ISCA was also not too tough, Few questions directly from RTP. Managed to write about 75 marks paper. I didn’t try to write all answers which I don’t know as the examiner would not give marks and there was no logic to write the answer. If u know you can write if you don’t know what will you write???

Next paper was DT, a huge ocean, large than pacific I think. There was a day holiday for exam.so prepared for the paper well. But again institute played a good move, there was just 27 marks practical questions in the whole paper and 89 marks theory that too from where did they managed to get the questions god know, 1 line in the question which you didn’t read properly and you loose 4 marks, but attempted well.

Last paper IDT, DO OR DIE, I met with my friend after DT paper who is a CA, he said this paper is summary of all your papers. Don’t sleep for whole night, read what u can and as much as you can.

I did the same I slept for 2.5 hours, the last paper was fine not good, there were few mistakes. But I think I would score around 50.

This would surely help for students who are appearing for final or ipcc in MAY 2014, how to manage exams. Studying is just 50% of preparation but the way you write exam and manage those three hours give you rest 50%.

One more thing never loose hope even paper is worst, as may be that next paper would be much easier than you expected and then you realise that if I would studied hard I would have cleared.

Give your 100% in everything because when you give exam, your parents are also giving their 100% for you in your work. Think of them.

Best wishes for all my friends who are awaiting result and who are preparing for May 2014.