Easy Office

CA at age of 46 years is good or ICWA or ICSI

Page no : 2

pawan sharma (Head-Corporate finance) (29 Points)
Replied 21 May 2011

Age should not be a constraint for any person as far as the person has interested and passion towards any course.

i am 46+ joined icwa 2 year back i passed my inter in  Dec.2010 with good marks, now i am planning to appear in Dec.2011 ICWA Final examination.

Age is no bar, sky is limit it  depends on your Burning desire..

Pawan sharma

Vignesh (B.Com CA FINAL & CMA FINAL)   (193 Points)
Replied 21 May 2011

you can leave ca and switch over to cwa or cs. ca requires 3 years article ship... and you are 46+ then it your convenience whether you can do article ship or not

Sambhu Prasad (Asst Manager) (24 Points)
Replied 23 May 2011

I think at this age doing CA, is hurt to those persons who has chosen his/her career as a CA at the age of  26 years and he/she has not cleared the same at the age of 42 without doing nothing except CA course But in your case it is different you have a twenty years expsoure in the field of accounting and you have nothing to worry, You can start with your great enthusiam and you can definetly crack it by flying colours. As per my opinion there is no age factor as far as if it relates to acquiring knowledge and skills but age factor is matter if you opt for CA for career only being very begining.

Regards.

CA.Sambhu Prasad

Shijju Shakoor (2 Points)
Replied 06 June 2017

Sir I am 40 years old, I am an MBA, completed from SMU DE, and BSc(Mathes) I have 16 years experience in marketing and sales, can I go for ICWA

Pradipta Kar (2 Points)
Replied 12 April 2019

THIS INFORMATION IS VERY MUCH USEFUL TO ME AS I AM ALSO INTERESTED IN CMA COURSE AT THE AGE 51. THANKS FOR POSTING

ashok yadav (student) (22 Points)
Replied 12 April 2019

The Rajasthan BSTC Admit card 2019  is an important document that has to be carried by the candidate during the Examination. It is an authority letter that authenticates a candidate to appear in the examination thus provides proof for the candidate about his /her eligibility. 

Prasanna Kumar (Asst Manager) (27 Points)
Replied 15 December 2021

Am 43 years old. and have completed CA article ship in 2002  and given 4 attempts of inter , but i couldnt clear the same. 

later I started working in  finance and accounts. dept.. id different corporates.

Now I regret and feeling guilty that i could have cleared if i had put some more efforts , and taken it seriously.

had a personal  and financial issues during those days and was in depression and lost hope in life , so I didnt put much effort on studies.

Is it possible to start  writing  it again and whether my article ship will hold good for writing exams.Any possibilities 

Could somebody guide me and would be really grateful to u

Vivek (CA ) (2368 Points)
Replied 09 October 2022

Here are some alternatives to CA course in today's globlised era :
1. Get an international degree in accounting / auditing e.g.  ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA, CPA (USA / AUS / NZ), CMA (USA), CIA, CISA, CFE etc. (all these courses are much easier than CA curriculum and several online / offline coaching classes are available in India).  
2. Go for a course in ERP - SAP, Oracle EBS, Microsoft Business Central (MS Dynamics).  
3. Go for a course on Data Analytics tools (ACL, IDEA), Data Visualisation / Business Intelligence Tools (R, Power BI, Tableau, Quilkview etc.).  
4. Go for a course on a Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tool (e.g. UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism etc.).  
5. Go for a course on a GRC suite (e.g. RSA Archer, ServiceNow, SAP GRC etc. ) 

After gaining these degrees / certifications / skill sets, you will easily get an opportunity in an IT company, Big4, MNC, KPO, Global Delivery Centre / Shared Services Centre of an MNC / Big4. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: