ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Business communication

*RENU SINGH * (✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩ )   (21607 Points)

27 November 2011  

A big hiiii to all !!!!!!!!!

This is November month. And  I am  trying a different tack.  So, I am going to talk about communication skills.  With good communication skill a person can gravitate people towards himself with ease.

So here are some points , which will surely be helpful while doing business communication :-

A bit preparation - 

Before communication, we must do a bit of preparation. Our ideas must be clear and concise about what we really want to say. So it will be a good idea to jot down all key point on paper. So that,  we can discuss them topic by topic. In this way, we can present our point in logical order . In addition we don’t need to jump over topics.

It will be more good if we can rely on our memory.

Confirm information - 

Sometime we want to confirm about what we have heard.  Asking something again can really cause a disturbance.  Sometime the information can be cumbersome to be remembered.  In such situation , confirmation method really work good.

If someone says “ I can meet you at 5.30pm  tomorrow.”

Your answer to confirm the same will be  “ Right, 5.30”

Or  yes, I’m free on 5.30.

In this way , you are not asking the person to repeat his words. But still your information is confirmed.

Limit options …

If we keep too many options, then our discussion will be open- ended.  Just look at the below sentence  and then you can easily get a picture of what I want to convey .

1st example :- Did you done your audit work ?

Or this can be :- Did you checked all voucher and balance amount of fixed assets ?

It should be noticed that courtesy is not hampered during limiting options. Otherwise, It can distort your image easily and you can be treated as dominating character.

Message –

Sometime we need to just leave a message for the person either on phone or e-mail.  It should be noted that your information should be in proper order to make it more presentable. The order can be –

• Your name 
  • Your company’s name
  • Your purpose
  • Your contact no.

Writing a message carefully become more prominence when the information is critical and clumsy.  And , it become more embarrassing sometimes, when the receiver say “ sorry , I can’t understand what you said”

Conclusion :-

Be patience, prompt and wise so that you need not dread of any business communication.

Regards

Renu

9 Replies

Sourav Banerjee MA,MSW (Shabda Bramha) (8842 Points)
Replied 27 November 2011

Very important topic covered. yes

While discussing on communication, most naturally we put more stress on ways to improve our verbal skills which of course is of paramount importance. But we must not neglect one non-verbal skill; - the willingness to listen. This point has been well-illustrated in the following post

/forum/gd-amp-interview-fundas-177102.asp by CMA. Sanjay Gupta.

3 Like

(Guest)
Thankyou Renu, Bookmarked..

Sumit Bhargava (CA Student) (326 Points)
Replied 28 November 2011

Good Job yes

Bookmarked

CMA Ankur Pandey (Govt.Job) (4401 Points)
Replied 28 November 2011

A very good topic choosed by you......it will really helpful to  the members.....

Thanks for such Marvelous Effort ,you put to create this informative post...

Once again hats off to you yes

CMA Ankur Pandey (Govt.Job) (4401 Points)
Replied 28 November 2011

A very good topic choosed by you......it will really helpful to  the members.....

Thanks for such Marvelous Effort ,you put to create this informative post...

Once again hats off to you yes

Sanket (!..Live to Give..!) (16304 Points)
Replied 28 November 2011

Nice Post indeedand U Have covered almost all Point for a better Communicatio....

Knowledgeable Post Indeed..

I also wrote my first article on Communication Only.... Here is the Link of my effort...

/forum/-how-to-communicate-like-a-pro--163050.asp

1 Like

Hardik Dave (IPCC and CS Professional(FINAL) Student)   (15528 Points)
Replied 28 November 2011

Thanku for sharing Sister.smile. Wonderful explanation.

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta ("PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN")   (114102 Points)
Replied 28 November 2011

Good Topic....

Also see the attached file. Hope it will be helpful......

15 Ways to Improve Oral Communication in Business English

Attached File : 149668 875974 15ways.pdf downloaded: 171 times
1 Like

manoj kumar (student) (41 Points)
Replied 28 November 2011

Thanks Renu,

You have selected a very gud topic.Business communication plays important role in our professional & Career.Moreover you have presented the topic in a very smart way.All the examples are nice but i liked the examples given for "Confirm Information" and "Message".

Good job.

Thanks once again

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags