Share on Email

Share More

BONUS ISSUE IN CONSOLIDATION

anonymous (student)     23 July 2020

anonymous
student 
 35 likes  747 points

| My Other Post

Hey, If A had acquired 80% shares in B on 01/04/2016 where the General Reserve balance was 50,000 and P/L balance was 60,000

B issued bonus for 1 share for every 5 held on 01/10/2019 at par from General Reserve. No entries was made in both the books.

At the year end on 31/03/2020, Share capital before bonus issue was 5,00,000/-, General Reserve is 80,000/- and P/L is 1.00.000/-

Can some one help me how this bonus issue has to be treated with and also bifurcation of capital and revenue profits 

avater

yasaswi gomes   25 July 2020

yasaswi gomes

79 likes  1441 points

View Profile | My Other Post

If subsidiary is issuing, it will not be consolidated as the parent share capital alone is shown in the consolidated statements. I do understand reserves will decrease during the issue of the bonus shares and the group share of consolidated reserves will be presented. 

anonymous (student)     25 July 2020

anonymous
student 
 35 likes  747 points

Originally posted by : yasaswi gomes
If subsidiary is issuing, it will not be consolidated as the parent share capital alone is shown in the consolidated statements. I do understand reserves will decrease during the issue of the bonus shares and the group share of consolidated reserves will be presented. 

Yeah.. but I am getting confused while calculating capital and revenue profits

avater

yasaswi gomes   25 July 2020

yasaswi gomes

79 likes  1441 points

All capital profits will be transferred to reserves and surpluses. You can consolidate them by parent reserves brought forward+groups share of reserves brought forward. 

The revenue profits are consolidated in the method of Parent+Subsidiary revenues less intragroup transactions. 

For the above:

Calculate share capital and reserves for subsidiary first after bonus issue from standalone statements.

In the consolidated statements, show only parent share capital.

Consolidate reserves in the above said way.

Consolidate income statement normally as this bonus issue will not impact consolidated income statement. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register