Easy Office
LCI Learning

Bird eye view of CA Final result...dont miss it

Page no : 6

CA Ravi Sisodia (CA,CS,CMA) (32226 Points)
Replied 23 January 2010

Thank you dear vivek for shareing your valuable ideas

CA Ruben Balooni (Professionalism ™) (1324 Points)
Replied 23 January 2010

nice analysis sir!

CA.ViVeK M ACA (ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT) (28544 Points)
Replied 23 January 2010

Originally posted by : @ @ @ @ P$$$$
institute has maintain the quality in result at any cost ..
its showed by changing pattern, module revision, scheme chaning....
lower marks only due to weak experience also not only small amount of preparation.

I also agreed with your views....The ICAI need to maintain it is quality ...If the trend is tough then let it be tough....There must be consistency in result pattern forever....Otherwise there may be uncertinity and frustration....

If the result  is 7.08%  then let it be so forever. But the inconsistent pattern and surprise in the result pattern will be a problem....

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 23 January 2010

In my opinion -

"THE QUALITY OF THE QUESTIONS RAISED IN  THE CA  EXAMINATIONS ARE IMPROVED ACCORDING TO THE  DEVELOPMENTS IN THE ECONOMY.

BECAUSE DUE TO THESE;  FURTHER DEVELOPMENTS ARE SEEN IN ACCOUNTING, AUDITING, CORPORATE LAWS AND TAXATION ETC...

Since students do not update themselves regularly hence they find Poor Results (Practical knowledgewise - students are Poor !).

In caclubindia; many times querries are raised whether new amendments are applicable for the examinations to be held in... 

They want to carry on the pattern which they maintained in their school and college days where "core" aim was to "score."

Replied 23 January 2010

Originally posted by : CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA
In my opinion -
"THE QUALITY OF THE QUESTIONS RAISED IN  THE CA  EXAMINATIONS ARE IMPROVED ACCORDING TO THE  DEVELOPMENTS IN THE ECONOMY.
BECAUSE DUE TO THESE;  FURTHER DEVELOPMENTS ARE SEEN IN ACCOUNTING, AUDITING, CORPORATE LAWS AND TAXATION ETC...
Since students do not update themselves regularly hence they find Poor Results (Practical knowledgewise - student are Poor !).

In caclubindia; many times querries are raised whether new amendments are applicable for the examinations to be held in... 
They want to carry on the pattern which they maintained in their school and college days where "core" aim was to "score."

As per Rakhecha point of View  a Ca student need not confined to Study material, he do  update all the recent amendment and other change which is happening...

But  there is a tendency to catch the fish without  touch water in your hand.... It means  student must go beyond ICAI study material but also Memebers  journal, student journal, recent market development....

The exam is not limited to the book rather the application question and in which the students were prove failure...

Whatever questions from the books  set in the exam they can crack else bouncer for the exam....

The main purpose of such questions are testing the conceptual clarity of the students....

Let me tell you one thing... I was converted from intermediate to PE 2. In intermediate , if you study the theory well and understood the Marginal costing , standard costing  etc, you can manage to pass the costing

but what happend the costing paper in PE 2. There is new  chapter like ABC and the question papers was lenghty and twisting and challenging... I was travelled  the  route of Inter mediate  and gone the same method... I failed three time!

Then only realised that the study method of costing is good and suitable for intermediate and not for PE 2....

I had changed the mind set.. Changed the study method... Given  exercise...

Then i had cleared the costing in 4th attempt....

What is the moral for the CA student....

If your method of study may be good for the past trend.. If necessary do change the study method ...

That is my suggession

3 Like

Replied 23 January 2010

Mr. Aldrine, you are absolutely right. 

Being a student; his target is to pass but, passing is also dependant upon practical knowledge  in CA examination.

So rightly said that both are important.

Practical exposure of the subject will make the subject interesting. Student would be more confident at the time of appearing in the examination.

It is true that the Institute does not fix any percentage.  But the question putting is made in such a manner that it automatically works !

The passing marks are already fixed. The students who fail are due to their "unmatched answers" which are not upto mark  according to the changed scenario.

2 Like

Replied 23 January 2010

Originally posted by : Aldrine
We can not fix a standard % for pass.If there is only 5% r eligible to pass (suppose), the standard fixed is 7 % & then the institute will be forced to pass 2 % additionaly even if no quality in the candidates. It is not an entrance exam to select a fixed number or fixed % to pass for the early fixed seats. The pass % is also depend on the knowledge of the candidates acquired through the learning / quality of the cluster appearing for the exam. So there is a chance of varying the  % of pass.Otherwise who will fix that fixed % ?...then what is the base?............Because we already fixed a standard of 50 % in total & 40 % individually (for subjects)......it is supposed that one who r complying this creteria is only declaring as qualified...........at the same time another creteria (fixed %age) in % of pass will not work....otherwise we have to remove 50 - 40 creteria...and it become like entrance test with out giving importance to knowledge acquired through the learning process.
Why we unncessarily giving training to students in a field where there is no demand...if society does not demand..it is a wastage of resources....they can go to other fields....in that way our institute gives a good policy which can be used as a model for other educational institutes also........................
The institute has the control over the members even after the qualification....because we are the members of institute just like the share holders of the company.......we r the part of the institute........so institute should ensure the quality of the members even after the qualification.......it covers the job opportunity / demand / standard / quality of members etc.....so the institute is conducting meetings for members to increase the quality........

Dear aldrine...

What  is my point that for nov 07 and may 08, the result  figure was too good and then the results shown a decreasing trend and finaly the results of november 2009 shows a worst trend...

The fixed  passing Percentage need not means the same passing %  for all the exam rather it is a consistent patter...

Say Both group results always ranging from 7% to 12% ( There is a Cap and floor)

Group one 19% to 25%

Group two (22 to 30%)

This is my view...

Replied 23 January 2010

Dear Vivek,

Thanks a lot for your "genuine" experience shared with the forum.

Mr. Aldrine,

whatever you shared is also very important for setting  out "strategy" by the students.

1 Like

Replied 23 January 2010

(with humour touch)

Respected Chairman,

You are supposed to "check" the "quorum" of  the "forum."

Where are the other members ?

Replied 23 January 2010

Dear Rakhecha,

I will intimate all the members of this forum......

4 Like

Replied 23 January 2010

(with humour touch)

The "forum" is "for" members. In this "form"; members  are already "in-form-ed."

Anyhow; I remind to make arrangement to issue them a "Notice" and request them to attend the Meeting !

1 Like

CA AYUSH AGRAWAL (Kolkata-Pune-Mumbai) (26986 Points)
Replied 23 January 2010

Well....Thanx For Sharing.........

Is There Any Site In Which I Found The Past Years Result Statistic.....

Please Give Link With Specific Page..........

CA Ravi Sisodia (CA,CS,CMA) (32226 Points)
Replied 23 January 2010

page no. 1  and 4

Replied 23 January 2010

I think for cracking toughest questions students must need to adopt a strategy and which is undermentioned

SL no

Issues 

How to Face

Nature of the Question Paper.

Be prepared for any surprise.

This is not known

The level of knowledge: Expert                     

Do not worry. At worst the question 

Knowledge and not working             

can be lengthy. If it’s lengthy for you it’s

Knowledge

lengthy for others as well.

Nature of Questions: Analysis

Focus on:

of the Past Question Papers

Study material

fairly reveals that the source of

Past Exam papers

the questions is more or less

RTP

from the study materials, RTPs

One prescribed text book (Prescribed

and past question papers. In

by ICAI]

some selected subjects it could

be from prescribed text books

About the Question Paper.

One can notice questions are

Do not waste time on doing the question

not normally repeated for about

for the past 4 attempts except for

2 years i.e., 4 attempts. But a

practice, if need be.

different question from the same

topic is possible. 

About the Question Paper:

Split a subject into say 20 sub-divisions

In almost all the subjects there is

of topics. A matching with that of the

consistency with respect to 60%

past question papers would throw out

of the topics.

the topics which are consistently

repeated. Hence student should be

thorough with the 60%.

About Question Paper: The

This is a general phenomenon and it can

time allowed may be

be noticed that more or less 10% of the

disproportionately less to

questions will be difficult to answer. Do

number of questions asked, due

not unnecessarily worry about it. To

to the voluminous syllabus.

tackle this it is preferable to provide

short/precise answers instead of giving a

lengthy and irrelevant answer.

The right objective: Students

Change your objective. This

do not normally set an objective

automatically ensures that you get the

of getting 50+ marks in each

AGGREGATE.

paper.

Lack of Practice: You are more

Note that the examination is manual.

accustomed to cell phones and

Please give rest to both your cell phones

typing in the Computers.

and computer. Start writing. It should be

a minimum of 2 hours a day.

Know the system of valuation

Refer the suggested answers brought

by the ICAI. The valuation is

out by the ICAI and cross verify whether

quite unique. i.e., every step

your answers tally with the answer

carries a due weight in each

given. It need not be 100% similar.

paper.

However you should be able to strike

75% of the same.

General Tips:

Ensure proper and adequate

preparation, adequate sleep and

adequate diet. Do not overdo any of

these.

Do not panic if your very first exam is

not upto your satisfaction. Go ahead.

Do not write unnecessary and

irrelevant answer.

Read the instructions clearly and do

not misunderstand the question.

2 Like

BALASUBRAMANYA B Npro badge (CCI STUDENT....) (44668 Points)
Replied 24 January 2010

HELLO EVERY ONE

ITS GREAT DISCUSSION GOING ON AND GOOD SUGGESTIONS FOR THE STUDENTS..

WHEN ICAI HAD PE-2 PATTERN  WHICH PEOPLE CAN GET DIRECT ADMISSION FROM DEGREE BUT PEOPLE WERE FEAR OF TAKING CA THAT TIME, CLEAR PE-2 ITS WAS NOT THAT EASY TO CLEAR IT. IT WAS VERY DIFFICULT TO CLEAR OLD PATTERN AND PASSING PERCENTAGE ALSO WAS LESS.

LATER ICAI INTRODUCE CPT WHICH MADE MORE PEOPLE TO ENTER CA FEILD AND IT WAS GREAT TO SEE SO MANY TO  ENTER THE CA WORLD, PASSING PERCENTAGE ALSO WAS INCREASED, SO MANY CAME OUT WITH CA CERTIFICATE..

LATER AGAIN PASSING PERCENTAGE HAS GOT DECREASED BECAUSE OF ECONOMY, SO MANY NOT MAKE IT INTO CORPORATE WORLD BECAUSE OF RECSSION TIME, AND IN PRACTICE ALSO WERE DIFF TO GET CLIENTS IN THIS TIMES..

MAINLY PASSING PERCENTAGE GOT DERCEASED OF NO CHOCIE OF QUESTIONS AND PAPER HAS MADE MUC LEGNTHY WHICH STUDENTS DONT GET TIME TO FINISH IN TIME WHICH MAY GET FAILED OR CANT MAKE IT THERE AIM WHICH THEY NEEDED RANKS..

MY FRIEND AIMED FOR 1ST RANK AND GOT 10TH RANK IN HER FINAL, SHE WAS UPSET BECAUSE ITS WAS TRICKY AND LEGNTHY WHICH SHE DINT GET TIME TO FINISH HER PAPER..

IT WILL NOT BE EASY FURTHER EXAMS, SO WILL REQUEST ALL PEOPLE TO STUDY HARD TO CLEAR WITH GOOD PERCENTAGE, HAVE TO DIE TO CLEAR THE EXAMS NOW ITS NOT LIKE EARLIER..

ALL THE BEST

REGARDS

BALU

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: