Big 4 - do they create a better ca ? a big question ? part 3

SANYAM ARORA (“It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.”)   (20168 Points)

27 September 2011  

Big 4 - Do they create a Better CA ? A Big Question ? Part 3

Firstly, A Huge Thanks to all of you to make my series a Big Hit. 

Now i think that its very clear to all of you regarding Big 4's. If still any confusion is there refer again first and second part of my series.

In the first part we talked about the positives of BIG-4'S and why to choose Big 4 over other firms.

And in the second part we talked about why to choose Mediokare firms over Big 4's. 

So i thought that its the right time to introduce the tird and the last part of my series.

Friends after deciding wheather or not to go for Big 4's, the next step woulld be " How to enter into Big 4's ? "

I Know it is a very very difficult step to enter into Big 4's but its not impossible. Now most of you must be thinking " Aise he Feek raha hai ".

So my dear friends here is the solution for it - 

1. First of all go and try to drop your C.V personally in the Big 4's. Try to make them understand that you fit best for their organization. My best friend is the best example of this case. He was selected just because of his effort for trying even after being rejected for 3 times. So never lose Hope.

2. If you dont fall under the first category, try for this one. Try to cretate a link, if not possible, try conveicing your friend in the Big 4. 

Now after you get a call from the Big 4, the next step would be how to prepare for the interview ?

Friends there are 4 Rounds which one have to clear for getting selected in Big 4's. I Will like to clear all of you that even if you have an approch you will have to undergo all the 4 rounds. 

(A) In the first round " Group discussion " is being conducted by the HR Department. A Very generall topic is being given by the HR. 

My experience -

What i was given was " Importance of social media on youths ". I Started up the topic and left an good impression on the HR ones. And in between i kept on trying. So after 15 min the results were out, and i was told that i cleared the first round.

(B) In the second round, a written test was bein conducted by the HR ones. It comprised of G.K questions, some of mathmetics and about auditing as well as of taxation and accountancy.

My experience -

Before the test i was a little worried. But gradually my confidence helped me a lot. Friends my advice to all of you would be to just and just concentrate on Accountancy, Taxation and Auditing. It is an 1 hour test and there are more than 100 questions. so try to finish the above written first. 

The result of this round was declared after a day and it was told to me through a cal.

(C) The third round is very general. It is basically a HR Round. The HR ones will call you one by one and will discuss about your profile. My advice to all of you will be to take it very easily and answer all the questions calmly and must  keep in mind that the objective is to check your " CONFIDENCE LEVEL ".

(D) The most important as well as difficult round i.e "  Department Round ". Before this round, a partcular department will be asked from all, for example Tax, Audit, RAS, etc. An interview will be conducted by the seniour from respective department. Common question asked during the epartment -

My Experience -

I Was very nervous before this round, as it is the last and many of the students are shortlisted in this round. I Was the first one for being called. The moment i entered the room, they stood up and handshaked with me. On the very next second they pin pointed a very minor mistake which i commited i.e Collar of my shirt was stood up. So i said sorry to the team.

So they started up with the following questions on Indirect Taxation -

1. What do u mean by IDT ?

2. Explain G.S.T ?

3. Why E & Y ?

4. Why Taxation and not auditing ?

5. Explain Cenvet credit rules ? - Which i failed to answer.

So from above what i observed was they ask ver common but complex question on the department which you choose. But one should take this round very seriously as in my case only 10 were selected out of 50 Aspirants.

So friends that brings us to the end of my series.

Hope you all enjoyed it..

Suggestions are welcome from All.

Regards 

Sanyam Arora