Easy Office
LCI Learning

Big 4 - do they create a better ca ? a big question ? part 3

Page no : 4

bablu kumawat (non) (45 Points)
Replied 28 September 2011

Really helpful for us...

(Guest)

Maine ye pucha ki kya CAs bhi apni CV Personally drop kar sakte hai ya unko vacancy ka wait karna padega & 2one is ki stagesof recruitment itni hi hongi ki there will be some other test also for them?

SANYAM ARORA (“It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.”)   (20168 Points)

Originally posted by : Pooja Singh

Maine ye pucha ki kya CAs bhi apni CV Personally drop kar sakte hai ya unko vacancy ka wait karna padega & 2one is ki stagesof recruitment itni hi hongi ki there will be some other test also for them?

No i dont think that this option is available for a ca.........!!!!

CA'S can apply only through Campus placement Or through approach.......!!!!!!!

Stahe of recruitment itne he hote hai......!!!!!!

@ ! @

SSDN

(Guest)

thanks for sharing ur experience.........to be honest for the first time  read
about BIG 4 in ur series and it was really nice reading that.....never even thought that articleship can be so so amazing and interesting.....keep sharing such things...

Akash (CA Final Article Assistant)   (1671 Points)

Wonderful write up luved all 3 parts thanx a lot for providing detailed info bro

SANYAM ARORA (“It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.”)   (20168 Points)

Originally posted by : kinjal

thanks for sharing ur experience.........to be honest for the first time  read
about BIG 4 in ur series and it was really nice reading that.....never even thought that articleship can be so so amazing and interesting.....keep sharing such things...

Thanks a lot...!!!!!

@ ! @

SSDN

(Guest)

what are the different depts in which we can work?

do we get chance to choose it on our own?

Replied 29 September 2011

Originally posted by : Mangesh Purohit

what are the different depts in which we can work?

do we get chance to choose it on our own?

You can be a part of Tax, Audit, RAS, Internal Audit, Stat Audit, etc..!!!!

1 Like

aman manchanda (completed B.COM HONS and ca final first group)   (133 Points)

dude, a very nice article.

but one pt which u have mentioned is wrong.

u have said that if anybody has approach , he still have to paas these interviews and all

but u r wrong ma bro,

ma frnd has full  approach in PWC without  any interview he got his articleship dere,

even m having a full approach in pwc, so next yr may be m in PWC...

(Guest)
Originally posted by : aman manchanda

u have said that if anybody has approach , he still have to paas these interviews and all

but u r wrong ma bro,

ma frnd has full  approach in PWC without  any interview he got his articleship dere,

bro actually it is different for different firm . i have just came from interview from ey. and previously had given interview in deloitte. had references in both. but having reference in ey dosen't matter . it all depends on you . you have to go through all 4 rounds of interview  . entry in ey is truly dependent on you. and in deloitte . i directly had an interview with manager and she didn't even asked me anything and selected me for next round. and in pwc yes if you have approach you dont even have to give interview . don't know about kpmg.

but sanyam bhai i asked ey hr and 2 - 3 senior article they said you cannot switch department in ey ??  

1 Like

RG - A Helping Hand (Company Secretary) (13867 Points)

I must acknowledge your skills of expressing the things in a good manner.

Keep writing.

RG

Originally posted by : Richank Garg

I must acknowledge your skills of expressing the things in a good manner.

Keep writing.

RG

Thanks bro........!!!!!!1

@ ! @

Originally posted by : aman manchanda

but u r wrong ma bro,

Thanks a lot bro..........!!!!!

But as said it is not in case of EY..!!!!

@ ! @

Akash Deep (CA) (66 Points)
Replied 30 September 2011

PLEASE FOCUS YOUR TARGET RATHER THAN RUSHING INTO BIG 4, IF YOU WANNA PERSUE AUDIT, THEN BIG 4 IS A GOOD PLACE, BUT I KNOW A LOT OF GUYS WHO ARE "STUCK" IN BIG 4...
IN CASE THEY MANAGE TO COME TO INDUSTRY , AS fINANCE CONTROLLER, dEPUTY CFO, THEY FIND IT TOO HARD TO MANAGE IN THE INDUSTRY....

BIG 4 IS NEVER A CRITERIA FOR A GOOD CA, ITS ONLY A CRITERIA FOR A GOOD AUDITOR...AND NOT EVEN THAT A GOOD CONSULTANT ...WITH GOO DPRESENTATION SKILL...

TODAY AS PER MY ACQUAINTANCE CA (NOT STUDENTS) DESIRING FOR BIG 4 ARE IF SAY 100, THEN PERSON DESIRING FOR INDUSTRY FROM BIG 4 IS 125.

I UNDERSTAND THAT STUDENTS PERSUING CA MIGHT THINK THAT IT IS AGAINST BIG 4, BUT IT IS NOT..ACTUALLY IN ARTICLESHIP ARTICLES FROM BIG 4 ARE ALWAYS HAVING THE EDGE WITH GOOD EXPOSURE UNDER THEIR BELT..AND THAT PSYCHOLOGY SPREADS...TO OTHER STUDENTS..BUT AFTER QUALIFICATION ITS A DIFFERENT BALL GAME...ALL TOGETHER...:)

Nidhi Mittal (Student) (27 Points)
Replied 02 October 2011

thanks a lot :)  

Your efforts are really appreciable...... this is really gonna help me coz i m luking forward for my articleship in Big 4...... nd dis will definitely guide me....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: