Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CA Sonu Sharma (CA )     24 July 2021

Balancesheet

while preparing the balance sheet which date is considered i.e. invoicing date or the date on which we record the transaction. 

11 Replies

prasad Nilugal

prasad Nilugal   24 July 2021

Sir , your question is not clear ,as we record the transactions as per Invoice date in the Books of accounts . please. elaborate your query .
sabyasachi mukherjee

sabyasachi mukherjee   24 July 2021

Invoicing date is the date on which transaction are made.
Balance Sheet are made as on when each financial year ends.
Sourav

Sourav (Student)     24 July 2021

Date on which amount is received should be the recorded date
CMA Poornima Madhava

CMA Poornima Madhava (CMA)     24 July 2021

Balance sheet is prepared based on the transactions recorded in the books.  Transactions are recorded in the books as and when accrued (subject to certain exceptions)

For example, while recording a purchase transaction, transaction is recorded on the date of receipt of goods though the date of purchase invoice is prior to that.

Am not sure what kind of transaction are you referring to in the query. So I've considered my own example.

sabyasachi mukherjee

sabyasachi mukherjee   24 July 2021

Balance Sheet is a financial statement as prescribed by ICAI AND OTHER ACCREDITED INSTITUTES .
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF ACCOUNTING ONE IS CASH BASIS AND ANOTHER ACCRUAL BASIS ACCOUNTING.
IN BOTH CASES BALANCE SHEET IS PREPARED.
IT IS PREPARED FOR ASCERTAINING THE ASSETS AND LIABILITIES EXISTING ON A PARTICULAR DATE.
IT MAY BE END OF A FINANCIAL END OF THE YEAR.IT MAY BE DUE TO COMMENCEMENT OF A NEW VENTURE OR A PROJECT.
I
prasad Nilugal

prasad Nilugal   24 July 2021

Accrual accounting is transaction recorded in the books accounts , cash received or not , however in the Cash based accounting we record translation as and when we received cash .
Sourav

Sourav (Student)     25 July 2021

Agree with poornima
prasad Nilugal

prasad Nilugal   25 July 2021

Query is not clear as mentioned in my 1st reply also .
CA Rashmi Gandhi

CA Rashmi Gandhi (Chartered Accountant)     25 July 2021

Date of recording of transaction is required to be considered.
prasad Nilugal

prasad Nilugal   25 July 2021

We record the date as per Invoice and voucher only in the books of accounts , either it is payment or receipt .
CA Rashmi Gandhi

CA Rashmi Gandhi (Chartered Accountant)     25 July 2021

It is invoicing date

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register