Auditor of the company

Suppose, I am a practicing Chartered Accountant. I am partner is two CA firms namely Firm A and Firm B.

For a company named ABC Co. Ltd. one of my partner's in Firm A is disqualified from being appointed as an auditor vide provisions of Section 226 of The Companies Act. Henceforth I am disqualified for being an auditor from Firm A

My question is: -

Will I remain qualified if I represent Firm B?

Replies (2)

The situation which u mentioned here is not covered by the section 226 of the comapny act hence i think u will b equalified on that way.

As per Section 226 I am disqualified from acting as an auditor in Firm A, as one of the clause states "A person who is a partner of the person disqualified shall also be disqualified". 

In my opinion I shall carry the criteria of disqualifications for all other firms also in which I am a partner.

Please, clarify what Professional Ethics say on this regard

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details