Are you happy with CA system as it is now?

Vidhyashankar (CA) (1292 Points)

12 June 2009  

Dear Students,

Are you all ok with how the system with CA course is?

I mean CPT,PCC/IPCC,ITT,CAFINAL,GCMS,articleship,ban on article transfers,timings,etc.

Please think outside the box and answer me.Dont spout forth answers which seniors,CAs(I myself am a member yet Im asking you as Im a friend of a student first) and ICAI's reasoning dictates to you.

Lines of thought

1. "No, I feel the time is inordinate to finish CA and it makes it unwantedly difficult."

2. "There is no point in ITT/GCMS/etc courses"

3. "Why do they change names from Inter to PE2 to PCC to IPCC ; fromold to new syllabus and all these gimmicks at the drop of the hat? What is wrong with old names and just tweaking the content if need be? Why confuse everyone with such complexity?"

4. "Simplicity is the sign of intelligence and I think ICAI is muddleheaded,autocratic and political"

5. "Articleship needs big and drastic changes especially in case of transfer of articleship and timings.Students must be burdened less and effeorts must be made to organize coaching in the Institute for students.The system sucks big time and does not give me enough time to study!"

6. "Im fine with ICAI system, it weeds out impotent students and only the toughies get ahead an become CAs and thus we get brilliant CAs."

7. "Articleship is no strain.I can juggle two balls in one hand(studies and work experience).This is what makes CA such a precious qualification"

8. "Toughness of the CA exam should not be compromised with.This is what makes us unique"

9. "Timeline must be big so that mature CAs come out than students who are young,brash and arrogant"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above 9 are mere suggested thoughtlines by me.Im impartial here and want to know the pulse of students before I take up the matter with the ICAI for your sake.Please feel free to chip in your 2 cents on the issue.

I would prefer intelligent and analytical comments than comments like "It sucks", "Its great",etc.This is no value addition.We all know either it "sucks" or it is "great".However, any emotional comment or personal experience type of comment is also welcome!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~